Pre-Banquet

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed running down the hallway as if I was running for my life. For some reason I felt like this scene was familiar... whatever, don't think about that right now, just RUN!

Unfortunately, my little 5 year old legs were not used to such strenuous activities and I promptly plopped down onto the floor after slipping on nothing. No... They were going to catch up to me... what am I going to do... and all of a sudden I was yanked behind a hidden door with a hand clamping over my mouth. I tried to struggle and scream but the person held me tight. I listened as footsteps raced past with my heart beating wildly. The person in the dark let me go and I scooted as far away as I could from him. I was about to scream for help when I heard his voice ask,

"Are you okay?" I froze. WHAAAT!

"Um, are assailants supposed to be asking their victims if they're okay are not?" I asked hesitantly. Then something dawned on me and I scooted even farther away from the stranger in the dark. "W-wait, Y-you won't want me, I-I'm just a little girl... I-I have n-no chest and I-I'm ugly, a-and-"

"Were you hurt?" he asked me again. "Assassination? Kidnapping? Abuse? I saw you screaming while running away from those women, were they trying to hurt you?" He asked me in a concerned tone.

Wait... WHAAAATT!!!

"Those...were my maids," I told him trying to look as calm as possible. He sighed in exasperation. 

"That's obvious, an assassin wouldn't be able to infiltrate the Disenfald dukedom without an alias. Now, are you hurt or not?"

I gaped at him open-mouthed trying my best to keep a straight face. "Those people... were really my maids... no one's trying to kill me... and shouldn't I be MORE worried about you? You're a guy AND you're suspicious. YOU'RE the one who kidnapped me." I informed him in do-you-have-a-screw-loose manner.

"Suspicious?" He asked in such a scandalized manner that I almost burst into laughter. "You find ME suspicious? I SAVED you from those assassins. Although you may be in denial and shock, you were in danger. A pampered and naive little girl like you may not understand, but there are some dangerous people out there-"

"Well, excuse me mister, but I believe that YOU are probably the MOST DANGEROUS person that I have EVER met and that I am about to become the MOST DANGEROUS person that you, and your future child, have and will ever meet if you don't let me out of here and shut up this instant." I cut him off. What right did he have to speak this way! That sexist bastard with a god complex.

"You-you dare to speak to me in such a manner?" He sputtered.

"Yaaaas," I dragged out the word. "And if you'd let me finish you'd realize that I was only running away screaming because my maids were trying to put death traps onto my feet." I stared at him with a scandalized look on my face. "Have you ever tried to walk in 4 inch heels? Do you know the BALANCE it takes for a small five year old girl to walk around steadily AT ALL? Yet my head maid (Catherine) insists on killing me with those things." I then thought about it for a second. "Oh, you're right, maybe she is trying to kill me, by making me trip and fall to my death. Thanks." I'll go and report this to my mother immediately. This way I won't be forced to wear those monstrosities because she would fear my falling to my death. Ingenious!

I then saluted the stranger in the semi-darkness, unsure if he could see. "Thank you very much for your assistance." Thanks to him I came up with an idea that would help me to avoid a premature death by shoes. I guess something came out of this incident.

"Um...uh, you're welcome?" I could almost see the question mark hovering above his head. I smiled, then wishing to immediately inform my mother of why 4 inch heels would cause my death, I turned to leave. When I reached for the door, for the first time I realized that it was not locked and I dashed out.

"See you again!" I yelled over my shoulder as I flew out of the darkness, leaving the stranger in there staring dazed and confused. Little did I know, our next meeting was going to happen soon, too soon.

Inside of the room, the stranger stared out the door with an amused look on his face. "Interesting," he said, sounding excited for the first time in several years.

Meanwhile

Hmm... I thought to myself. Now that I think about it, that stranger seemed to have a young voice. A young boy, perhaps? And just how did he enter our mansion?

.

.

.

.

.

.

;)

Guess who~
(It's probably pretty obvious)