Chapter 6: The ruins of Velen

Start from the beginning

"Hey, feathers!" Anakin angrily yelled after me and followed in my footsteps. I heard the thumping of his feet stop though when he noticed what I was doing.

His pulse was long gone. I could've known if I had noticed the wound on his chest before. Flyn got hit by a blaster, shot right through his heart. I remained there, stroking his hair as his eyes stared at the sky above us. It was then that I realized the dread of the situation. People had died the day before, by the hands of either the jedi or their troopers. People that had tried to save the citizens.

"We need to go." Anakin's voice pulled me from my trance. Instead of getting up I glared at him from my position, almost literally shooting daggers with my eyes. His eyes widened just for a second in surprise before he composed himself again.

"He was a friend, wasn't he?" Obi-Wan walked into view, his eyes frowning at the sight of Flyn in my arms.

"He was, until you decided to kill him." I remembered the times when I used to train with him and his friends. He was the one who always got us into trouble but did it in such a way that it was fun. The loss of him, even though lately I didn't speak to him that much, awoke a burning anger inside of me that I had buried for a long time.

"Look, feathers, this all could've been avoided if you had surrendered-"

"How dare you?!" I growled, standing up abruptly, pointing at them furiously. "You invade our planet and expect us to just hand it over to you?! You had no reason to attack us, we were peaceful, innocent! Don't you dare put the blame on us when it is you who started this!"

"Calm down, Lyanna." Obi-Wan spoke softly, walking towards me slowly. "We are trying to figure this out-"

"Yeah, and while you're figuring this out my people are giving their lives to protect their planet." I growled. "You'll be too late to safe any of us when you're finally done!"

Obi-Wan and Anakin exchanged glances, both looking utterly lost. "If you just hand over the weapon-" Anakin started.

"There is no bloody weapon, for Valhalla's sake!" I yelled angrily which resulted in two troopers grasping my shoulders and forcing me to stand still. "Get off me!" I protested fiercely.

"General, finally!" A group of troopers came running in from the direction of the keep. I huffed and crossed my as before my chest, biting my bottom lip to keep myself from yelling again.

"Rex! Boy, am I glad to see you." Anakin smiled and watched as he walked towards us. Rex glanced at me worriedly after seeing the furious scowl on my face and the way his troopers were holding me down by the arms.

"I've got news concerning the weapon." Rex stated which resulted in both jedi glancing my way immediately.

"Freaking Valhalla, how many times do I have to tell you-?"

"We found it beneath the rubble of the throne room. Seems when we captured the city, they tried to blow it up and keep it from our hands." Rex told them.

"What?"

He glanced at me with a frown. "We're trying to repair it and see what it can do, but it will take some time."

"Tried to blow it up, huh?" Anakin put both his hands on his hips and looked at me.

"I don't know what you found down there, but I knew nothing of it and it surely isn't some kind of weapon." I spoke after a long moment of silence. I was completely baffled, to be honest. I always thought that there was nothing but a crypt beneath the throne room. Apparently, that wasn't the case. Yet I couldn't wrap my head around the idea that my father would've approved of building something down there, let alone a weapon. He was always a man of peace.

"You can stop with the facade, princess." Obi-Wan sighed as he rubbed his fingers on his forehead.

"I'm not bloody lying, are you even listening?!" The grip the troopers had on my shoulders tightened immediately.

"Yet all we find out about your planet is in contrary to what you say to us." Anakin stated.

"Well maybe if you start thinking for a second, if you are even capable of that, you'll see that someone is tricking us both!" I yelled. There was no other explanation for this whole situation. The bombing, the so called weapon, the timing of the attack when my father was sick. It was all too convenient.

"All I need to think about are my troopers." Anakin walked towards me till he was right before me, towering over me and looking down at me with narrowed eyes. "Right now, you and your people are threatening them."

"We are only defending ourselves, as anyone would do." I hissed back, not faltering under his gaze. I wasn't going to let him intimidate me when he knew so little of what we could actually do.

"Anakin, I think you might want to see this." Obi-Wan distracted him.

"What is it now-" an ear deafening explosion shook the whole city. Several followed, making everyone fall down to the ground. As the quakes shook the earth beneath us, we all tried to protect ourselves by holding our arms above our heads.

What I hadn't expected was that Anakin would shield me with his own body, his hands on either side of my waist. When the explosions stopped I looked up at him with wide open eyes.

He only glanced back and then stood up immediately, trying to see what damage it had done. With my hands bonded together I couldn't get up immediately so instead I tried to read their expressions. It wasn't good.

I saw Anakin's eyes darken drastically while Obi-Wan only sighed deeply, stroking his beard with his hand thoughtfully.

"Bloody hell, they just bombed all our ships!" Rex cursed after taking off his helmet.

"What?" I mumbled and followed their gazes. When I saw the destruction, my breath hitched in my throat. All their ships were gone. The whole landing platform was on fire and covered in smoke.

"This doesn't make any sense." I mumbled. It was when I remembered that my father had forbidden the fabrication of bombs, blasters and guns that I realized that it couldn't have been his order. Someone, one of our people, had done this. Not only bombing the platform but most likely making up this whole scheme.

"Peaceful huh?!" Anakin turned towards me swiftly. "Is that why your people just blew up our only way to leave this planet?"

"Anakin." Obi-Wan calmed him down merely by saying his name. He then glanced at me and noticed the same utterly confusement that was evident on my face. "This takes all of this to a whole other level." He sighed tiredly.

"One thing's for sure: it's too late for peace now." Anakin's eyes stayed focused on his burning ships. The fire reflected in his furious eyes.

"Hold on a minute." I stood up rather awkwardly with my hands bound. "You can't declare war on an entire planet because a small group got tired of you invading it!"

"We were already at war." Anakin clarified with a glare in my direction. I tried to think of something to say but the words got stuck in my throat. My mind was still coping with the fact that there was a traitor amongst my people.

"Cody, make sure that the weapon is operational soon. We will need it." Obi-Wan ordered and earned a nod from his captain.

"What?" My eyes widened. "No!!" I pulled on my arms to free myself from the troopers holding me but it was pointless. "You're only making this worse you morons!"

"And Cody," Obi-Wan watched me with deep thought. "Lock her up with the other prisoners."

"No, wait!" I looked at him, practically begging him to listen. "You're making a mistake! My people would never do something like that."

Obi-Wan only shook his head and casted his eyes down to the floor, turning away from me. "Take her, Cody."

I protested and pulled while being dragged away, yelling for Obi-Wan to listen. "You're making a mistake!!"