A face leans in closer against his, eyes in a slit as if magnifying Jimin’s soul. With their distance, Jimin can see the small beauty mark on the other’s upper lip and he can’t help but admire it. The other omega looks stunning despite him scrutinizing Jimin like that. He knows what beauty is when he sees one.

“Ah!” the omega suddenly chirps, a little too loud for their proximity and Jimin jumps on his feet, startled. His heart is suddenly beating so fast he thinks he just got the biggest shock of his life.

Suddenly, he’s hearing a snort before a full on laugh and he’s turning to see Jeon doubled over near the bottom stairs, one hand clutching the staircase to support himself. His nose is scrunching like of a kid’s and Jimin glares at him so hard he can feel his eyes burning.

“Sorry.” At least Hoseok has the decency to look sheepish as he sinks further against his mate, a smile displaying his lips. In contrast to the scrutinizing stare just a few minutes ago, he looks even more beautiful when smiling, looking delicate, his eyes are suddenly so gentle—like of typical omegas’. And Jimin cannot help but noticed how the alpha beside him was so endeared just by the presence of his mate, looking at the other omega like he was his whole world, like he was all the beauty in this world. Maybe, Hoseok really is to Namjoon.

He catches himself from his thoughts and shakes his head a little—maybe to get rid of his initial monologue or to answer Hoseok’s apology, he’s not really sure. Maybe both. “It’s fine, just a little startled.” There’s another snort from the smug creature but he chose to ignore it in favor of watching Hoseok smile at him.

“Hello, you’re Jimin, right? I’m Jung Hoseok, an omega. And this is Kim Namjoon, my alpha,” he introduces with what seems like a permanent smile on his face, his fringe catching on his brow as he pulls the said alpha a little to the front.

Jimin eyes them for a second before introducing himself. “Nice to meet you. I’m Park Jimin.” He’s not really comfortable introducing himself with his ‘status’ attached to his name so he leaves it out; the couple in front of him seems to not mind too at all.

“Of course, I know!” Hoseok says enthusiastically before catching himself again and putting a delicate hand over his mouth, giggling behind it. “I’m sorry, that sounds weird. I mean,” he paused, straightening his back, “Your name has permanently snatched the Top1 of ranking every month on every bulletin board this campus has it’s not that hard to miss it. You’re very intelligent, Jimin. And also… well, this sounds really weird again but you’re so beautiful too that every soul knows about you. It’s almost a sin not to.”

Jimin felt his whole face suddenly on fire, the tips of his ears a little too warm for comfort at the praise.

In this school and generation, it’s really rare for an omega to get compliments from another omega, or basically anyone that isn’t an alpha that is lusting over you or interested in you. So Jimin is definitely caught off guard. He expects Hoseok to remember him from Yoongi’s café but not because of his intelligence and beauty.

So much for expectations.

But it strangely feels good. Jimin’s afraid he’ll get addicted.

And he also thinks he likes Hoseok already; maybe going as far as wanting to befriend the other omega.

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” Hoseok takes his silence as getting offended, sending his alpha a look, almost alarmed and ashamed. Jimin doesn’t miss how Namjoon took his mates hand, squeezing it slightly to comfort the other. It definitely helps when the other omega heaves a small sigh.

Jimin feels a little ashamed of himself for making the kind omega feel guilty. So he works the courage and finds his words, calming his nerves and allowing himself to smile at Hoseok genuinely, albeit small. He really doesn’t want the other to think he’s making Jimin uncomfortable with those words or actions. The other omega only wanted to compliment him, and Jimin appreciates it. So much.