.6

i smile as i walk in to my office.
"Why are you grinning?" Arthur asks me.
"i feel good" i tell him.
"No seriously why?" he asks again.
"I got a date" i reply.
i did.
i met him yesterday and he seemed to like me then he asked to go out tonight.
"and that's why your grinning? i have dates all the time" Arthur says with a shrug.
"You're dating someone?" i ask him.
"nope, i like to stay single apparently you don't like being single" he answers.

"Any cases?" i ask.
"just one about vampires nothing much" he says as he shows me the file.
"it doesn't say vampire in here, only that the victims were sucked dry" i tell him.
"two puncture wound on the neck. i say we check it out" he responds.
"Fine but lets not take long?" i ask.
we walk to the sheriff's office and i see Kim there.

"what are you doing here?" we ask each other.
" a few kids died of no blood, not suicidal what are you doing here?" she asks me.
"vampires same thing" i tell her.
"hey Kim" Arthur says as he passes us.
"So you got a date?" she asks.
i told her about it a couple hours ago.

"yea he seems nice." i tell her.

"hows Arthur taking it?" she whispers to me.
"he's... good what does that have to do with anything?" i ask her.
"nothing. just thought you were interested in him" she says with a eye roll.
"i am not!" i say with annoyance.
"deffinately vampires. sucked them dry. probably new to the city." Arthur tells us as he walks up.
"where do we search for vampires?" i ask him.
"we cant do anything. they don't come out in day light. we cant find them" Arthur says with a shrug.
"So we let all those innocent people die?!" Kim asks angrily.

"well if we had a source that works at night then we could get a lead on them" Arthur answers.
me and Kim look at each other with evil smirks.
~~
"will he still let us in?" Kim asks me as we walk down the alley.
"lets see. he hates us. of course he'll let us in" i say while we go up to the man by the door.
"whats the password?" he asks.
"we know Jack, we need to talk with him" Kim replies with a flirtious smile.
"of course" the guy opens the door and we walk in to the club.
"Works every time" i say.

we see the dark haired man with soft brown eyes with tattoos all over his body standing hear the bar.

he didn't notice us so we walk up right behind him.
"miss me?" Kim says in his ear.
he turns around and nearly has a heart attack.
"what the hell are you women doing here?!" He asks.

"we need information about the recent deaths" I get straight to the point.
"and why do you think i know?" he asks as he sits at the bar stool.
"because you are a outlaw and a criminal. just be glad we haven't turned you in" Kim says with crossed arms.
"the sucked to nothing deaths or is there other types of deaths that's going on that i am unaware of?" Jack asks.

"you know who commited the deaths?" Kim asks.
"i cant just tell you everything! i have a business to run!" he says with annoyance.
Kim raises her fist in warning.
"Fine. yea a guy came by earlier and bragged about killing a couple of girls. you do realize if you keep walking in and hitting me no one will tell me anything?" he tells us.
"thank you, see that was easy. now how will we contact you and threaten you?" Kim asks.

"I have a phone thank you very much" he says with annoyance.
"can i have your number then? or do i need to tell my friends about your secret business?" Kim threatens.
"could've asked nicely" he mutters as he hands her a piece of paper with his number on it.
me and Kim walk away and i get a phone call.
"another one died" Arthur says and he tells me where to meet him for the crime scene.
~~
we walk up in to the apartment and i see the dead lady laying on the ground.
"they found her like this. the murderer jumped out the window and survived we have no clue where he is" Arthur explains.
"how do you know its a him?" i ask.
"female vampires go after males" Arthur says that plainly.
"what if this vampire i gay?" i reply.