Chapter 18

Claire POV

The bright white light flickered in my field of vision irritating me.

The light flickered on and off like an old broken T.V. I couldn't hear anything except for the steady beat of a heart Monitor its constant beeping giving me a headache.

Did that mean I was alive?

I didn't know.

Was my baby okay?

I didn't know the answer to that either.

Was my mate okay?

I didn't know the answer to that question either.

That's what scares me the most not knowing if everything was okay.

Kayden POV

My mate Claire was asleep the doctors said that her body was going through stress and I should let her heal but it doesn't take 2 weeks for a werewolf to "heal" it takes us a couple of hours maybe a day or two but only if the injury was fatal.

But here I sat watching my baby sleep her swollen belly caring and protecting my cubs yes cubs we are expecting twins although I didn't want to know the gender without Claire there.

Yawning I lean back in the hospital chair but refused to sleep until I knew Claire was better.

Standing up I went to get a nurse so she could talk Claire's test.

I walked past the almost empty corridors I could smell the blood in the rooms the smell of rust and salt mixed together tickling my nose.

I walked past the baby area and I stopped in the door way of what looked to be a happy family the women who looked to be in her mid twenties was holding a baby girl and the man that I presumed was the father was smiling down at the little girl the happiness shining in his eyes.

I wanted that to be us me and Claire.

A/N sorry for making you guys wait so long I know it's short but it's better then nothing for now I have a Magee headache and I feel like shit might update later.

Love you guys xx

Phoenix <3