Chp. 9- Questions

I laid my head back, releasin' the smoke from the blunt i'd just lit. I been smokin' a lot since Shanelle left...just tryna clear my head. I opened my eyes when I heard Shae come in the room. 'Nelle had blown up when Shae answered the door. I licked my lips and took another puff...and another. We wasn't no where close to fuckin'. I couldn't do that shit to Shanelle, no matter how pissed I was at her ass. I been coolin' it wit' ma for about a week though. Word was she got kicked out her apartment cause her friend ain't like the fact that she was tryna get at me. She been stayin' in one of the guest rooms though. I ain't tryna add no more shit to the drama that's been goin' down. She claimed she ain't have no where else to go, but that shit still wasn't flyin' wit' me. There was no way her ass was bouta stay wit' me....that was just disrespectful.

"Aye, ma, you gotta bounce."

She frowned at me and crossed her arms.

"I don't have anywhere to stay, August. Where am I supposed to go?"

I glanced at her and shook my head.

"Shit, it's a Holiday In down the street. We can make that happen."

Shae frowned and sighed. I wasn't feelin' her in that way. She was fine as hell, but I wasn't tryna be bout it.

"Can I just-"

I shook my head and stood, puttin' out my blunt.

"Look, ma, we just kickin' it right now. You know the deal."

Shakin' her head, she grabbed her jacket and purse. I watched her while she left wit' a lil attitude. She act like I was tryna cuff her ass or somethin'. I closed my eyes, thinkin' bout all the shit Shanelle had said. She claimed she ain't fuck that nigga. I believed her...she ain't have no reason to lie. But I wanted her to understand what a nigga was goin' through. She couldn't just barge her lil happy ass in here and expect shit to be straight. I slid on a pair of slides and grabbed my car keys so I could go pick the kids up from Chandra.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mel clapped his hands in laughter while I played peek-a-boo with him. I needed to clear my head, and I figured that the best way to do so was to spend some time with the kids, so Baby and I swooped by Chandra's to pick them up. We'd just come back from the park. We would've stayed longer, but Baby had been complaining about the bugs and humidity. He and Amali were playing with dolls. He flung the doll around, frowning.

"This bitch's hair stiff as fuck. Ain't white folks supposed to have good hair?"

I shook my head at him, unable to guise my smile. He sat the doll down while Amali ran off to retrieve another comb from her bag.

"Girl, I'm sorry about-"

I cut him off shaking my head.

"Stop apologizing, B. I'm not upset with you."

He sighed as I played another hand game with Mel. Truthfully, I wasn't upset with him for not telling me. I probably wouldn't have believed him unless I'd witnessed it myself anyway. I knew he'd only been trying to be a good friend by protecting my feelings. Plus, how could I be mad after he'd told me that he'd kicked Shae out, only after layin' a down south beatin' on that ass. Baby got up as somebody knocked on the door. I paid it no mind and focused back on Mel. I only glanced up in surprise when I heard August's voice. I glanced up as he walked over to where I was seated on the floor, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"So you just decided to go pick 'em up wit'out tellin' me first?"

I scoffed and stood, picking up Mel, who'd become excited at the sight of his daddy.

"I don't need permission to see my children, August. Why are you here?"

I may have seemed collected on the outside, but on the inside I was searching for an object to throw at him and possibly knock him unconscious. He rubbed at his face and sighed.

"We needa talk, ma." 

I carelessly rolled my eyes at him, turning on my heels.

"Like you said before...ain't shit else to discuss."

To my surprise, Baby blocked my path, removing a half way sleeping Mel from my grip. I gave him a questioning look, and he mouthed for me to go before pushig me in the opposite direction and joining Amali in the room that I'd been occupying. I huffed and turned to August, who gestured for me to follow him out of the apartment. I stopped, folding my arms, when we'd reached the end of the hall.

"Do we really need to go this far to talk?"

He shook his head at me.

"Bring yo ass on."

I remained where I was. To my surprise, he continued walking to the elevator. Out of curiosity, I followed. He was still facing the elevator, and although I couldn't feel his smirk, it was still evident. He pulled me into the elevator, backing me against one of its four walls as the door closed. He placed his hands above my head, staring down into my eyes. I frowned and attempted to push him away, out of anger, but he wouldn't budge.

"Get the fuck away from me, A-"

He cut me off. I could detect the tiredness in his voice.

"We gotta stop all dis childish shit, Shanelle. If it ain't one thing, it's anotha. This shit is gettin' real old, ma."

Unable to with hold my anger any longer, I arched back and punched him in the chest.

"You wanna talk about games? You been sleepin' with my so-called 'bestfriend! It doesn't get any more childish than that."

I stared at him while he clenched his jaw.

"Don't put ya fuckin' hands on me. You know that shit don't fly. I ain't fuckin' sleep wit' that girl, Shanelle. I wouldn't pull some shit like that on you!"

We continued to yell back and forth, attempting to drown out the other. I was caught by surprise when he roughly grabbed my face with one hand before placing his lips onto mine. I felt myself give in as my lips molded perfectly with his. He gently bit my lip, causing for them to part. Taking it as an opportunity, he rolled his tongue across my own, causing for the kiss to become even more heated. Only the sound of someone clearing their throat caused for us to part. An elder woman stood in shock, toting a bag of groceries. August grabbed my hand, and I followed him out of the elevator in embarrassment, apologizing to the woman.

I didn't much time to dwell on our actions, because the next thing I knew, we were in the back of August's Benz, lacking clothing. I bit my lip as he eased himself into me, placing kisses on my collar bone. I gripped his back in lust as his pelvis created friction against my lower region. He grunted when I roughly began to thrust my hips toward his own. He sucked at my neck without ceasing his slow, deep strokes, causing for me to cum almost immediately. He continued to thrust until I felt him grow inside of me. A couple of seconds later, his head fell onto my heaving chest. As our breathing calmed down, I started to speak, but August beat me to it, kissing my fingers.

"You still wearin' ya ring."

I nodded. "I hadn't given up on us..."

He pecked my lips and I sighed, sitting up.

"Having sex with me doesn't fix all this shit, August."

He looked at me crazy, but before he could speak, I gathered my clothing, reapplying each piece while opening the car door.

"This was a mistake. We shouldn't have done this."

With that, I quickly fled the scene, leaving a confused, and possibly hurt August.

A/N: I wanna hear what you guys have to say. Don't be shy, or afraid to tell the truth lol. Let loose :)