Wrecked (Pt. 2)

After several minutes of begging and pleading, on Monica's behalf, I was convinced to stay on the phone. I sighed, sitting completely up.

"You've got some nerve calling me, Monica. What do you want?"

"I know...but, I just needed to talk to you."

I was silent for a moment before responding.

"I'm listening."

"Do you think we could meet up somewhere?"

I huffed. "Have you lost your fuckin' mind? I don't even wanna talk to you over the phone. Plus, I'm in Atlanta, and you're in NOLA. How could we possibly-"

"I'm in Atlanta for the weekend. Please, Shanelle?"

I debated with myself. It'd been almost 5 years since i'd had any contact with anyone in NOLA.

"Fine. Meet me at that coffee shop on 5th avenue."

She thanked me before responding that she'd be there in 20 minutes. After tossing my phone carelessly back into the sheets, I stood and made my way to the bathroom. Leaving my luggage unpacked in the living room of the suite, I grabbed my wallet before putting on a pair of sweatpants and slides.

Fifteen minutes later, the cab that i'd called dropped me off infront of the small coffee shop. I attempted to collect myself before entering. The chimes that hung above the door rang out as I searched the shop for Monica. I glanced towards the back of the shop, where a woman was waving her arm at me. I made my way to the small table that she was sitting at, barely batting an eyelash. Monica gave me a small smile as I sat down across from her. I just looked at her. There was an awkward silence before she spoke.

"It's good to see you again, Shanelle. Things haven't been the same back in N.O. since you left. We were all worried about you."

I wanted to roll my eyes, but managed to hold my composure.

"It's not as if I had many options, Monica."

She looked down in guilt.

"Look, is this what you wanted to talk about? It wasn't in my intentions to come here and reminisce over some petty shit."

She opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a waitress, asking to take our orders. Monica ordered a coffee, and I declined the need of a beverage. The waitress returned to the front to retrieve Monica's coffee.

"I wanted to talk to you about Damien."

I couldn't help it this time. I rolled my eyes, ready to stand. Had she not heard any of the shit i'd just said?  Monica gently pulled me back down.

"Wait, Shanelle."

I folded my arms and gestured for her to continue, sighing.

"I was talkin' to Damien's mama the other day."

I stared at her blankly.

"And she told me that she'd ran into you at Damien's apartment. She said that she was sure that the two of you were in a relationship..."

I sucked my teeth.

"Where does your input come into this?"

She sighed.

"I don't know what bullshit Damien been feedin' to you, but I got a pretty clear idea. She's his, Shanelle."

I wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you talking bout?"

"Damien is my daughter's biological dad. He moved here because his dad died and his triflin' ass was next in line to run the firm. Aliyah doesn't even live with him. She visits him every weekend. He lied to you. He and I are still together. I came down to visit him for the weekend, and I found out he's been lying to the both of us."

--------------------------------------------------------

I arrived to to Damien's apartment, seeing nothing but red. Everything had been a complete lie. I could've questioned Monica's motives, but she had the paternity test, along with proof of residence for Aliyah prepared to back up her claims. That would explain why I rarely saw Aliyah....Damien had always said that she was with her grandmother most of the time, and I'd never questioned it.

Not even bothering to knock, I barged in. To my surprise, Damien was seated on the couch, attempting to control a nosebleed. He had a black eye, and it looked as if his lip would be swollen for a while.

"Shanelle?"

Despite my anger, I was curious as to what...or who, had fucked him up.

"What happened to you?"

He groaned in pain as he tried to stand.

"Your husband happened."

Unable to stand, he shifted himself on the couch instead.

"August did this?"

He struggled to nod. Realizing that I was getting off topic I shook my head at him.

"You're pathetic."

He gave me a confused look.

"What the hell-"

I held my hand up, silencing him.

"I know everything, Damien. How could you have lied to me...again?"

He was damn near at a loss for words. I figured he was surprised that he'd been caught.

"I gave you all my trust. And you just tossed it around carelessly. I risked my marriage...my entire life for you. Thanks to this bullshit, my husband doesn't even wanna stay under the same roof as me."

Damien sighed.

"If you would've known that Aliyah was mine, would you have given me a second chance?"

I shook my head at him once again. "What the fu-"

"Answer the question, Shanelle!" His voice had risen, despite his condition. It was then that the sudden thought hit me.

"Did we even have sex the night that we ran into each other at the club?"

He was silent. He didn't even have to answer. I couldn't believe that i'd succumbed to all his bullshit and lies, and possibly fucked up August and I's marriage.

"You didn't deserve the first chance."

I'd long ago made my decision about where Damien and I's little fling stood. I'd known since August had asked me if i'd locked the front door last night. I wasn't willing to lose my family...my everything over an attempted rekindled relationship. Damien's lies just provided me with leverage. With that I walked out of both the apartment, and Damien's life, for good.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Lmao was you expectin' that...or nah? How y'all feeling? Apparently Shanelle ain't as trifling as thought? Damien and Shanelle didn't even really have sex that night they came back from the club...let that sink in lol. Thoughts? Do y'all think Shanelle would have started that affair with him if she'd known they hadn't done anything that night? Do y'all remember who Monica is now? Next chapter will be from August's perspective :) Share your thoughts with me on the current situationnnn

Monica in external link ----------->