Chp 7- Flipped

I closed my eyes, exhalin' the smoke i'd been holdin' in. My mama had offered to keep the kids for a couple days till I got my shit situated. I didn't tell her bout the foul shit Shanelle pulled, but she had still known some shit was up. My eyes was glazed the fuck over thanks to the fact that I was on my fourth blunt. My phone rang, and I slid my finger over the ignore option wit'out lookin' at it, not in the mood to deal wit' nobody's bullshit. I still couldn't believe Shanelle went and slept wit' that nigga. I looked down at the indentions left on my left knuckles from his teeth. No matter how many times I had punched his ass, I still couldn't get the thought of him on top of Shanelle out my head. I knew I fucked him up, and would be willin' to do the shit again if I ever caught him in the street. I cussed when my phone vibrated on my lap again, fuckin' up my high. I tilted my head back and exhaled again before snatchin' it up and answerin', just in case it was my mama callin' bout the kids, or one of the girls. I shook my head when I realized it was Shanelle.

"What?"

She was quiet for a minute. I held the blunt between my lips before standin' up to make my way to the bathroom to take a piss.

"If you callin' bout what I did to  that nigga, miss me wit' that shit."

I sat the phone on the counter of the bathroom before unzippin' my pants and relievin' myself.

"I didn't call you about that August...can we talk?"

I chuckled, shakin' myself off.

"Ain't shit to discuss, ma. Ion got nothin' to say."

She took a breath and I washed my hands before pickin' my phone back up.

"Just listen..."

I returned to my seat and reached for my lighter. I started tossin' it in the air while she talked, not really payin' attention.

"I'm sorry, August. I know nothing I say or do could probably ever make things okay again, but I c-"

I tossed it back to its original place and sat up.

"Look, ma, I ain't in the mood to hear yo sorries You can see the kids whenever you want, but we ain't shit no more."

Her voice started crackin' like she was cryin'.

"Aug-"

I hung up the phone, done with the conversation.

------------------------------------------

Amali ran up to me when I walked in the kitchen, wrappin' her arms around my legs.

"Daddy!"

She grinned up at me, and I braced myself for the question that I knew was comin'.

"Mama?"

My mama gave me a suspicious look. I kissed 'Mali on the lips and she giggled, wipin' at em.

"Did you help grandma make a cake?" I ignored her question, distractin' her. She nodded, excited and started to tell me about it.

"Baby, why don't you go get that picture you drew so you can show daddy?"

Amali hopped out my arms, and I watched while she ran upstairs, grinnin'.

"Sit down."

I sighed and rubbed my face.

"Ma-"

"Boy sit ya ass down." I could hear her NOLA accent when she raised her voice.

I sucked my teeth before sittin' down at the kitchen island.

"Now what's goin' on wit' you and Nelly?"

I shrugged, avoidin' eye contact.

"Look at me when i'm talkin', Anthony."

I glanced at her.

"What's goin' on between y'all? Where's she at?"

"Ion know where the fuck she at, and I ain't tryna find out."

She shook her head at me.

"Calm down and tell me what happened, Anthony."

I adjusted my snapback.

"Ion feel like talkin' bout this shit, ma."

She rose her eyebrow at me while I stood. Amali came runnin' down the stairs, still grinnin'. She handed me a drawing, pointin' out what each thing was.

"Amali, Melly, Daddy, and Mommy." She smiled, lookin' up at me wit' her big brown eyes. She turned away from me, laughin' as Scoot came in the kitchen ticklin' her. I looked dow at the picture again, and saw that me and Shanelle's hands was connected.

A/N: Just a quick filler for you guys, since I haven't updated in a little while. Sorry about that....I've been exhausted. I promise i'll try to post a LONGER, more detailed chapter tonight.

Do you think Aug and 'Nelle are really over?

Should he give her a chance?

Tell me how y'all feel :)