Chp 1- Self- Proclaimed

"Aight, babe, i'm out!"

I sighed as August kissed my cheek before jogging down stairs. A couple of moments later, I heard the door slam. I don't know why I was so upset. He was finally doing what i'd always wanted. Providing for his family, and staying out of trouble. I heard the sound of his car pull out of the driveway as he mad his way to yet another interview.

"Mama..."

A one year old Amali waddled into the room. She'd just started walking and was making it her business to get into any, and every thing.

"Yes, baby?"

She wrapped her arms around my legs grinning her toothless smile.

"Juice?"

I smiled and picked her up, propping her on my hip. Like any other one year old, she had begun to speak, and could ask for what she wanted, whether it be juice, a cookie,...or her daddy. Before heading downstairs, I peeked into Mel's room. After a long process of scribbling out baby names, and arguing, August and I had come up with a perfect name for our child. He was still sound asleep. August had nearly cried when i'd suggested the name. I cracked the door to the room before descending the stairs with Amali still on my hip. She ran her fingers through my hair, and I smiled. Within a year, a lot about me had changed, including my hair, which now touched the mid section of back. August had told me many times that I was beautiful either way, but he liked my shorter length the most.

I sat Amali into her high chair before handing her a cup of apple juice.

"Bitch what's happening!?"

I turned around and shushed Baby. Apparently he and Shae had invited themselves into my house.

"Shhh! The baby's sleepin' you fool!"

Shae hit his arm and he mugged her before flipping his now orange wig and lowering his voice.

"My bad...damn."

He turned to Shae.

"And hit me one more time, trick. You gon' have a bitch in here puttin' this Vaseline to use."

I shook my head at him as Shae began to play with 'Mali.

"How the hell did y'all even get in here?"

Baby ran his hand through Amali's hair.

"Girl, y'all need some advanced shit. All it took was a lil hair grease and a paper clip. Dammmn, can you please break me off a piece of this?!"

I couldn't help but laugh as he continued to finger Amali's head of thick curly hair.

"So you broke into my house?"

I listened as Mel's cries could be heard.

"And woke up my child?"

Baby shrugged and turned to continue playing in Amali's hair. Shae followed me upstairs and watched as I lifted Mel from his crib. He settled into my chest as I rocked him gently, kissing the top of his slightly curled hair.

"Where's August?"

I turned around to respond to Shae. Baby was standing next to her, holding Amali.

"Interview...why?"

She shook her head and turned away as Baby went into his little fit. We had this conversation at least once a week.

"Girl, are you serious? His fine ass ain't neva here! And here you are, takin' care of not one, but two of his kids."

I sighed before lying a once again sleeping Mel into his crib. I turned, rolling my eyes.

"Baby-"

"Nah, bitch, we goin' out tonight. Find a babysitter and be ready at 9."

I followed the two of them down the stairs, not even attempting to put up a fight. They would force me out of the house at nine sharp, whether or not I was dressed.

"Bye, girl."

I gave a small wave. My eyes widened, but before I could tell them not to slam the door, there it was. I closed my eyes and looked down at a grinning, oblivious Amali, as Mel began to cry...again.

A/N: There it is! The beginning of the new sequel to August Rain. Tell me how ya feel. Inform a nigga on what you see so far. Comment/ Vote :)

Amali in external link ------------>