She takes a deep breath. "I-I came from Star City. I actually came here to get away from someone, but tonight those guys came and well...I screamed. I thought that when I screamed it would be to get help, but instead it felt like everything inside of me raced forwards to escape, and that was when I knocked your friend off of her feet. She saved me after that, but I don't know how I did it or how to control it..."

Jay gives me a look then, but I couldn't tell what he was thinking since he was hiding behind his mask. I look back at Laurel, licking my lips slowly. "So that's the first time something like that has happened?"

She nods her head. "Yes, I'm positive. Why?"

"It's just odd you're just now activating these powers since the particle accelerator exploded years ago..." I fade out, remembering that dreadful night. Back then, it used to terrify me, but now, I was glad to have been given these powers.

Her faces goes pale then. "Wait, y-you're telling me that I'm a metahuman?"

I nod my head then, surprised that she didn't put two and two together yet. Her eyes fall to the ground in that moment, fear and panic washing over her. I wasn't sure why she was so terrified to be a meta, but something about seeing her expression only made me want to help her more than I already did.

"We can help you," I state once again, my eyes flicking to Jay. "We can show you how to put your powers to use."

Jay adds onto what I was saying. "You have the chance to work with the two most feared villains in Central City."

For a moment, something in Laurel's eyes show the goodness that was inside of her. However, along with that was a sense of broken-ness behind them, as if she carried a lot of baggage. It was then that light faded and turned into something that looked like revenge mixed with a cry for help, and I knew what her answer was going to be.

Her bottom lip quivers. "Please, help me."

-*+*-

Present

Time was something we didn't seem to have lately, and listening to Cisco and Harry argue about the new sound wave device they designed made it feel as if it was ticking away faster and faster.

"So to make things more understandable for all of us, the people on earth 2 vibrate at a different frequency, meaning that this device will stun and knock out anyone that hears it?" I state, cutting Cisco off in the middle of a sarcastic comment towards Harry. "And in order for this to work all over Central City, Barry has to run in a circle so that it refracts, causing everyone inside that circle to be hit with the sound."

"Bingo," Cisco says, making finger guns at me. "See, she gets it."

"Is Barry fast enough to do this on his own?" I ask, not meaning for it to sound like I was calling him slow. "I mean, will he need my help?"

Harry takes the headphones off of his head he was wearing. "Let's hope he won't need your help since you're the back up plan, remember?"

Barry shrugs his shoulders in a cocky sort of way. "I'll be fine, I'm getting faster."

Iris raises her eyebrows at Barry's comment. "But wait, what about Raven, Harry, and Jesse? Won't they be affected too?"

"That's why we made special ear muffs to block the sound," Harry adds, holding up his set.

Cisco smirks slightly. "Beats by Wells."

I cross my arms and roll my eyes slightly before I hear an alarm go off, causing all of us to turn and look towards the computer sitting near by, showing us a white dot in the center of the city. "Looks like Black Siren is back to strike again-"