Chapter Three

Cassandra is going for the gold, one last jump and she'll win...beep, beep, beep....she's too late the buzzer went off....beep, beep, beep. "But there aren't buzzers in figure skating!" Beep, beep,beep.

I jolt awake, it's just my alarm clock. I groan and smack my clock until it turns off the pesky buzz. I rub the sleep from my eyes.

"Hopefully this is my last first day at a new school." Doubtful my inner voice reminded me. I check my parents room and they are still asleep, like always. I turn on the water in the shower and step in. Holy shit it's frigging freezing! The pipes are probably half frozen and that makes the water cold. Not to mention the water heater is a piece of shit. I quickly wash my hair and body, then I grab the towel and pay myself dry. I put my hair in a messy bun and walk out of the bathroom with my towel still wrapped tightly around my body.

"Hello lovely" I hear a deep voice call. I turn around and see that the guy that my parents had over last night was still here.

"Um hi" I say turning around and rushing towards my bedroom. The guy grabs my shoulder.

"No need to be scared of me darling. I wouldn't dream of hurting such a pretty little girl, I just want to have some fun" I smack him hard across the face which causes him to loose his balance and fall over. That wasn't a good idea at all. I ran into my bedroom and lock the door. I prop my nightstand against the door. I quickly get dressed in the warmest thing I had, which happens to be a blue sweater, jeans, and mums old leather jacket, I also put on a scarf. I grab my bag and hear banging against my door.

"That wasn't a smart move! I'll get in there soon!" I look for an escape and see the window in my room. I open it and kick the screen out and jump out of it. I run to the woods and decide to stay in there where its hidden until I get away from the house. I run and run until I can't anymore. I've ran for awhile and I can barely breath. I collapse on the ground and start crying. I don't often cry but this was one of those times when I just had to let it all out.

"Are you okay?" I hear a voice call from behind me. I freak out

"Please don't hurt me, I didn't mean it just do whatever you want with me"

"What are you talking about, I'm not going to hurt you." I get up and turn around

"Cassandra" Shit, I just said all that stuff to Liam! How am I going to cover this up

"Uh hey Liam, what are you talking about?"

"Cassandra, you just told me not to hurt you and that I could do whatever I wanted to you. Who did you think I was?"

"Nobody! Oh look at the time, I'd better be getting to school. See you later Liam" I say and then start jogging in the other direction.

"I can drive you there, I mean you are at my house." I look around and realize there was a house in the distance. It was a nice house, it looked like a log cabin. It was tinier than my house but it was nestled cozily in the woods next to a small creek. It looked like the kind of thing you see in a fairy tale.

"Oh, this is your house, sorry for trespassing. I got lost." Yeah lost,trying to run away from a crazy guy that was in your house.

"It's alright, let's just head to school."

"Okay, thanks."

"No problem" we got into Liam's old blue pickup and he put the key in the ignition

"Cassie, are you going to tell me what happened."

"I'm sorry but I just can't"

"Okay, I can't make you tell me"

"Thank you, and can you not tell people about me crying on your lawn"