What now?

Samantha’s Pov

'Harry can you bring the car around now, there is no time to explain just come now!' Charlie yelled into his phone.

I don't understand why he felt that he needed security against Matt when really there was no threat. The only danger was the one he was creating for himself, about time I tell him that Matt is gay that way he doesn't feel threatened anymore.

'Charlie calm down, Matt isn't really after me so you can stop panicking. He is just trying to protect me from you,' the look in his eyes told me he didn't buy anything I was telling him

'Protect you from me when we have a son? how idea that even make sense? he talked sense into me and now he's regretting it, I won't have you away from me again'

Wow,that was unexpected. Being protective for nothing isn't something that I was going to tolerate though 'he's gay'

'Hahaha! did he tell you that? do you know how many people he has told that to have then in his bed later on? don't be so naive Sam' what? now if this was true I am going to cut the mans balls myself, if it were it would explain the reason as to why no one else knew that he was gay

'The car is here we have to go now'

Cars is what he should have said. Body gourds stood outside looking to see if Matt was coming but we managed to drive off with no sighting of him or his men.

Amy was holding our little angle whilst Charlie and I were having a glaring competition that wasn't wavering. I knew that he knew something that he was refusing to tell, also that I was aware of his secret.

‘Fine, we can leave now but you will have to tell me sooner rather than later exactly what it is that you are hiding from me’ still glaring I succumb to his eyes and decide to follow my family out to God knows where it is we were being taken to; whilst walking to the car I remember that Matt was supposed to be spending the weekend with us.

He still hasn’t given me a response to my question and I’m beginning to have doubts that he will even agree to marry me. I know I also shouldn’t be worrying about what he had going on with Mary but then it had been a long time since we last had anything going and he had the right to do whatever he wanted and I couldn’t do anything to keep him from it, all I could do was hope that he would keep Joshua safe from that conniving bitch.

In the car, Charlie instructed the driver to take us to a different hotel to the one that he was staying at so as to avoid Matt. ‘So what’s that plan Mr almighty do whatever I want?’ Amy asks Charlie with a look that tells me she’s up to no good. ‘Amy this isn’t the time or place to start this’ I respond to her before Charlie has the time to reply or even think anything through that he could respond with; she doesn’t reply but I know that the moment she feels its ‘appropriate’ there won’t be anything to stop her from getting the reply that she wants.

We arrive at a hotel 40 minutes later, after a tense ride with the only Joshua keeping the peace between the adults with his soft giggles when he finds anything amusing in the passing scenery. Charlie checked us into a suit that had two rooms in it. He asked if he could stay with us and even said that if he had to sleep on the couch he would, Amy agreed with him but eventually we decided to share and have Joshua in our room whilst he had the extra room t himself.

The evening was spent with Charlie paying all his attention to Joshua and even helping in changing him and putting him to bed after his dinner nice and early. ‘Goodnight my precious son’ I hear Charlie from where I’m seated watching telly with Amy and it brings tears to my eyes. ‘Are you going to let him stay now that he knows?’ Amy asks and I know it’s time to face her it all out, ‘yes Amy, it’s about time he gets back into my life and Joshua needs him, and so do I.’

My sister understands me and I know she won’t press me any further but that the only thing that is bothering her is what will happen next with our family, our relatives lived too far away and we were all we had.

Charlie’s Pov

There is no other feeling like holding my son and just spending time with him. I know what Sam did by keeping him away was wrong but I knew she didn’t know who I was then and that when she found out she was pregnant then later found out my true identity she felt the need to protect her child, I too would do anything to protect Joshua.

I was yet to give Sam my reply, I knew there was only one answer my heart and mind was willing to give but since I had wronged her and our son I had to rectify the wrong doing with Mary and sort Matt out. We also had to figure things out that happened before she left me. For now though the answer had to be given before I lost her by taking too long and I planned on doing just that after tucking my son into bed.