Change

Love that you guys enjoyed the previous chapter especially the end I should say. Thanks for the comments that were incredibly amusing, the votes and new followers too.

I know y'all really want him to say yes but will he?

lets see...

Samantha's Pov

My mother always told us that for a woman to progress she had to go against the grain and take what it is she wants the most without worry of what other people will think.

Still with that in mind it is fair to say I am currently scared and shitting my pants metaphorically of course of what if was going to say. To make it worse Amy had walked in through the back door with Joshua in her arms but thank providence Charlie didn't notice that or the fact that now they had gone upstairs so that wasn't to be an issue.

I had turned to stare at him and gauging his reaction there didn't look to be any hope for the future.

I wasn't planning on keeping him from Joshua at all it's just that now it would hurt when he said no. There was too much conflict in his eyes which could only mean a no; or a yes of convenience meaning our relationship would never go beyond mutual understanding for our son.

I knew we only had a min or two at maximum before Amy stormed in here demanding to know what was going on 'So...' I said to speed things up due to him taking his time to answer me.

Charlie's Pov

It would be an understatement to say that her proposal surprised me. It was all out of the blue and I just didn't know what was the right way to react to it. I should have been the one proposing not her.

Her proposal made me scared that she thought I wasn't going to stay by her side. I wanted her more than anything a man ever could want but it had to be me taking that step not her.

I realise how prejudicial I do sound to myself but this proposal should have been made by me and whilst in a better situation than being boxed into a corner. It's not me rejecting her so I should therefore just accept it and make a second proposal to her when she loves me. I will agree to marry her, but will not go ahead with the wedding till I take that step too, and that could only be when I was sure she loved me and wanted this too before it became an affair of convenience.

'So?' I could hear the question mark at the end of her statement. Just before I answer her question I hear a babies cry from the top floor. I had thought I heard someone come in but left that to imagination.

The cry went right through me making me desire to ensure he was alright. Running up the steps two at a time towards his cries I was also aware of Sam running after me.

Barging into the room there was a woman who looked incredibly like Sam clearly her mystery sister. Looking into her arms was the most beautiful tiny face I had ever seen.

Looking into my sons eyes for the first time I could feel my emotions getting out of hand. I was rooted to the spot not knowing what to do and afraid being boy closer.

Matt was right, he looked more like me than he did Sam. It also broke me that I had said the words I did against my own flesh and blood. 'Here you can hold him'

I hear Sam saying as she walks past me to the crying baby. Once in her arms he immediately stops crying and reaches out to touch her face.

She put him into my arms and looking down right into his eyes I knew nothing else in the world mattered more. 'I'm so sorry...'

Sam suddenly kisses me and it feels complete. Right at this moment I had more that I ever had before in my life.

'Hey little man' I softly coo. This was completely new and I welcomed every second of it. My son in my arms and my wife beside me.

Wait, I didn't have a right yet to call her that and I hadn't even given her an answer.

'Little Angel, meet your daddy. Sorry he didn't get here earlier but that's on me. He's here now. Mummy and Daddy are here now'

Sam's voice so brave yet confident made me want her more. I now understood that she was doing it not just for Joshua but for herself too. At this moment of pure happiness with the knowledge from her eyes looking into mine that she did love me; it may not be by a great deal but enough to bring sunrise to a darkened part of my soul.