●|Battle?|●

A few days had passed since that night, but bot much had changed.

It was the same routine: Ignore Emma, annoy Enoch, Ignore Olive, repeat.

I brushed by hair, teeth ect. and walked downstairs. I was greeted by Mrs. Peregrines grinning face. "Right on time." I nodded, shuffling over to the table.

Emma had taken my seat, as Jacob sat next to her. I sighed and looked at the only available seat, oh goodie. Next to Enoch.

I was still a bit awkward after our recent encounter. Mrs. Peregrine broke the silence, looking towards me. "How are you getting on here. Do you feel welcome?"

I frowned at the random question. "Well, yes." I lied, glancing at Emma and Olive. They avoided eye contact.

Millard spoke up. "Oh yes Mrs. Peregrine, Enoch has made her feel welcome."

I snorted. "Sure, welcome to hell." Enoch covered his mouth to hide his amusement.

Mrs. Peregrine shot me a glare. "Polite persons do NOT cuss at the table."

I looked away guiltily. The rest of breakfast was eaten silently, and when we were all done we parted our ways.

Mrs. Peregrine walked over to Enoch and I. "I would like to meet with you two in exactly 1 minute and 32 seconds. "

I groaned when she was out of earshot and followed Enoch into Mrs. Peregrine.

She sat at her desk, narrowing her eyes at us. "You two," She pointed to us, "Need to get along. Your behaviour and aura is rubbing off on the younger children, and I DO NOT want any more Enochs."

I snorted.

Enoch looked at her, acting offended. "Who wouldn't want any more of me? Im the best."

Mrs. Peregrine put her face in her hands. "Just please be a bit more polite around the children..."

I rolled my eyes, but nodded. "Yes Mrs. Peregrine."

Enoch shifted his jaw and, hesitantly,  did the same.

Mrs. Peregrine nodded. "You are dismissed."

We shuffled out of the room, sighing with relief when out of earshot.

"Holy shit she is strict!" I muttered.

Enoch nodded. "Yeah." He began walking down to the basement, resuming his usual glum mood.

I followed him, grinning. "Imma watch your peculiarity in action."

He shrugged, opening the door. "Welcome." He smirked with a mocking bow.

I ruffled his hair with my hand, smirking.

He growled, slapping my hand and patting his hair down. "Thats. Not. Allowed."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

Hugh appeared in the doorway. "Its movie time." With that he walked away, bees following in his wake.

I nodded and walked up the stairs, Enoch following behind. We walked into the parlor, getting a few suspicious looks and a hatred filled glare from Olive.

Enoch sat at the very end of the couch, closest to Horace, and I sat next to him.

Horace put on his monical and closed his right eye, causing a light to dill the room, dancing as a projection against the wall.

It started out as Horace standing in front of a mirror, wearing a fine new suit. He turned to the man next to him, holding out his hand. "I'll take it." He grinned.

They shook hands as the dream faded into a slightly darker scene, a blood curdling scream breaking through the silence.

The twins jumped and looked at eachother.

The dream faded into another. A basement. Not just any basement, but Enochs adopted laboratory. My eyes widened at the scene being played before us.

Enoch had me pinned against the wall, my legs wrapped around his waist. I couldn't believe this. We were full in making out. Enoch. And myself.

He gripped my waist and pushed me onto his desk, starting to unbuckle his pants.

Only when Enoch began unbuttoning my blouse did Mrs. Peregrine decide it was enough.

"Okay, thats enough for tonight. Everybody go to bed."

They all turned to stare at us, smirking. All besides Olive and Emma, that of whome seemed very...sad?

Everyone hustled out of the room, off to their beds.

I stepped into Claires room, sliding down against the door. Did I want that to happen? Did that dream...stir something?

I shook my head. "No, surely that meant nothing." I thought aloud, exhailing.

Rubbing my temples I stood up, opening the door and walking down the quiet hallway.

"I need some tea..." I whispered, walking down the stairs and to the kitchen.

______________________________________

Well, that seema like a decent place to stop!
     Word Count: 745 words

I know, it was short...

I had to add the dream part..lol.

I had plans for the beginning of this chapter...but decided that would move the relationship too fast. Sooooo I did this, somewhat subtle apraoch. Good?

Love you guys, Stay Peculiar~
     Anabelle~💕