You Didn't Ruin Anything

Start from the beginning

I noticed that he didn't have any paper with him to draw or paint.

"Where is your painting sheet?" I asked him.

"I painted on your face" He said with the wide smile.

"My face". I asked horrified.

He nodded his head again smiling like a cute bunny.

His smile swelled my heart melting me like an ice cream on summer day.

"Okay. Then how does my face look?" I asked him.

"Pretty" He said.

"Let me see," I said picking up my cell phone from the bedside table and opened the front camera.

My breath hitched. I touched my cheek where "Best Mom" was painted in bold strokes with red paint and a small heart on the side.

I stared at his artwork in astonishment and felt the tears brimming in my eyes.

Oh God! My son loves me.

But do I deserve his love?

"Do you like it, mommy?" He asked me innocently.

"I love it". I said.

"Then why do you have tears in your eyes?". He asked me looking confused.

"They are happy tears, son," I said blinking to get rid of them.

"People smile when they are happy. They don't cry". He said with the laugh.

"Sometimes they do". I said pulling him in a hug and kissing his cheeks.

"Now, get up. We have many things to do today" I said picking him up and placing him on his feet on the floor.

"What things?" He asked me following me to the closet.

"Well, I need to go office and you are coming with me. After my work will be done, we would go out for lunch". I said making his eyes widened in excitement.

The reason for his excitement was that my office was his favorite place because it had colorful and different new materials for him to explore.

If I haven't mentioned it before Bryan was little on the artistic side. He loves painting, drawing and making things colorful.

When he was eight months old, I remembered he made his first artwork on the wall near to his crib with the orange color crayon.

After getting showered and dressed Bryan, and I went to the kitchen to fill our hungry stomach. I made his favorite pancakes and cheese omelet.

After we were done having breakfast, we brushed our teeth and left the house.

The drive to the office wasn't long because of less traffic. I entered the building with Bryan following me closely. I bought the single office two years ago and started my small event planning business. With the time the business turned so successful that now I own the top five floors of the building and my working staff quite appropriate the space.

We took the elevator and went to my office.

My secretary smiled at me and looked at Bryan with a scared face.

"Bryan, say hello to Penny" I said to Bryan making him smile mischievously.

"Hello, Penny". He said smiling and scaring her more.

Penny and Bryan had a history. Penny had been working for me for two years and the least to say, Bryan never made her job easy. He had done all the things he could do to make her beg for mercy.