Matt Espinosa

#4 Matt Espinosa

"Babe, I miss you" your phone bleeps, making you jump during your sleep. You glare at the screen, 2:00am, Matt had text you. Why was he still up so late?

You manage to adjust to the bright light shining from the screen. If there was one person you would wake-up for, it was Matt, your long-distance boyfriend.

It was hard keeping the relationship going, seeing as you both lived so far away from each other.

You had been dating Matt for nearly a year now, after meeting on vacation in Hawaii.

"I miss you too, but why are you up at this time? You should go to sleep" you send back, smiling at the thought of Matt.

"I can't stop thinking about you" he replies, making your heart hurt.

After talking for 10 minutes, you finally give-in to your tiredness and rest back down. You clutch your pillow with excitement and Matt on your mind.

----------------------------------------------

The next day at school, you arrive, being handed a leaflet by one of the prefects.

"Tickets for prom on sale now!" she says, beaming at you.

You take one and have a look. Prom was on Friday, today was Monday.

You think to yourself about how amazing it would be, to be able to go to prom with Matt. You picture yourself turning up arm in arm, whilst everyone else is dazed by Matt Espinosa, the Magcon boy, entering the room.

Once you get to class you snap back in to reality, knowing that something like that was never going to happen.

That night, you open up twitter, flicking through Matts tweets to see what he was up to.

"Having an amazing time at Magcon Chicago, I love you all!" it says, displayed across the screen.

You feel dissapointed, hoping that he was'nt too busy and that he could hopefully join you at your prom.

Hearing a bleep, you look over to see your phone flash, notifying a text from Matt.

"Hey babe. How are you?"

The fact that he was always the first to text made you feel special.

"Not too bad, got told about prom this Friday, I won't be going, hows Magcon?" You reply, evidently hinting about how you feel that he wont be able to go.

"Aww, You know that I would love to take you I've just got so much going on at the moment" he replies.

"I know, it does'nt matter, goodnight" you text back bluntly. What was the point in having a boyfriend when you hardly ever see them.

"I love you" he says, before you drift off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------

Friday soon arrives, you decide that you will still go to prom with your friends, besides, who would want to miss out on the party?

You start getting ready, having not heard from Matt for the entire day. After completing your hair and make-up, you put on your beautiful dress that you had saved up money for and had been waiting for ages to wear.

"Y/N! It's time to go!" You hear your friend say from downstairs.

Heading off, you can't help but think about Matt. For this one night only, you wanted to just have a great time with your friends.

After posing for pictures, you enter the hall which was decorated to a 'night in the stars' theme. It was magical. Across the ceiling were glittering stars, whilst streamers were pinned up all around the edge of the room. Balloons surrounded the dance floor and white spotlights shone in every direction.

The party starts, and you stand chatting to some school friends.

All of a sudden, the hall turns quiet and the volume of the music is lowered.

Wondering what is going on, you look around, to see Matt standing in the doorway with a spotlight on him. He wears a black suit and tie, as well as holding a red rose in his right hand. He smiles. You can't take your eyes off of him, shocked by his presence.

He begins walking over to you, getting closer and closer. You can feel your heart racing and your cheeks flush, embarrassed by all of the attention that was on you and Matt.

"Y/N" he says softly, passing you the rose.

You wrap your arms around him while he holds you tightly, not wanting to let go.

"What are you doing here?!" you question.

"My plane stopped at this airport, so I thought I'd pass by before I left to go home" Matt replies. "I love you so much".

"I love you too" you say, Matt leans in for the kiss. Your lips meet, you both smile as they touch, before they begin to move in sync with each other. You feel butterlies in your stomach whilst everyone claps and the music starts playing. It's a slow song.

"Its been a long time, wanna dance?" He asks.

"I'd love to" you reply smiling and resting your head on his chest...