xxix. ━━ a rich man's war

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
TWENTY NINE ━━ a rich man's war

 fan the flamesTWENTY NINE ━━ a rich man's war

it is a revolution I suppose

imagine dragons

     ERIN FOLLOWED CLOSELY BEHIND KATNISS AND Gale with Alex by her side as Beetee led them towards his workplace.

     The brunette walking beside her brother now that he refused to stay behind. She should have known that when she became a part of Katniss'
propo team, Alex would too. The two siblings would always protect each other no matter what or where they had to go.

     "I've made you some surprises," Beetee told them as they walked around the unit deep below Thirteen.

    Erin looked around in amazement, fascinated by all of the equipment they had. Her eyes landed on the weapons spread out on a table, ranging from guns to crossbows made specially for the rebellion. 

     "Maybe you wanna try one out?" Beetee suggested looking between Gale and Alex. "If you're gonna be a part of Katniss propo team, you may as well look the part." 

    Erin watched with Katniss as Gale and her brother both reached for a weapon and she smiled lightly when she saw Gale resting a crossbow against his shoulder and aimed, his finger hovering over the trigger before he fired, hitting a target on the shooting range dead center.

     To Erin's suprise however, the hit caused an explosion and the target combusted into flames.

     The brunette turned around to see her brother tracing the outlines of another crossbow with his fingers and she understood why he seemed hesitant.

     Their father had once made one out of scraps to help with fishing. Of course it was strictly forbidden to even own a weapon in the districts  but their father had ignored it nontheless.

    She remembered going out on sea with her dad and Alex and how he had teached Alex to use the weapon. It was one of the last memories they had of him.

      Finally Alex grabbed the crossbow and like Gale rested it one his shoulder, taking aim before pulling the trigger, causing the same reaction as before as they watched a second target go up in flames.

     Erin placed a comforting hand on her older brother's shoulder, offering him a small smile which he tried to return.