[TRC] Nightmare Is Good [Kurogane/Fay]

The mage is shaking.

"Please," he whispers. "I'll do anything. Just don't do this to him."

"Can't do that," the voice answers. "You can't both live."

"Then take me instead, please!"

"He asked that you be saved."

No, no, no.

Unable to stop himself, the mage looks up.

In time to see the other falling down.

"No, Fay!"

He wakes up, covered in sweat.

"You know," deep voice grumbles sleepily, "people don't usually call out their own names in nightmares."

Quickly, he evens out his breathing.

And smiles.

"Kuro-tan, don't tell me you're too worried about me to go to sleep. We have a long day ahead, with no idea what we might encounter. Daddy better gets his goodnight sleep."

"We have a long day ahead indeed," says the man in dark suit. His teasing completely ignored. "Exactly why you shouldn't be wasting your sleeping hours with nightmares. Especially after what happened to your thigh today."

And he thought the other wouldn't notice his injury. Such sharp eyes. So scary. "Eh? But one can't help nightmares."

As always, Kurogane looks exasperated. "Let me see the wound."

He lets the warrior see it, because it's not like he has any other choice. And it's hurting. Badly.

"It's infected," the taller man announces after examining.

"Waah, is it serious?"

"We might have to cut it off."

The mage smiles, never looks the other in the eye. "Please don't play pranks on me, Kuro-sama. I'm scared very easily."

Unexpectedly, warm hand touches his face. Lifts his chin slightly. Red eyes burning into his surprised sky-blues.

"No, you're not," he disagrees. "Actually, you're one of the bravest I've ever known."

"Haha. If you look at me like that and talk like that I'll blush, Kuro-sa—"

Suddenly he can't talk, because the other's lips are on his.

"Hmmph," Fay isn't sure how to respond. The kiss is good. And he finds himself have secretly wanted it.

So he doesn't resist when he is pressed down, simply murmurs, "But the kids—"

"Better hold your voice, then."

Fay giggles, "So it's true."

"So what's true?"

"Nightmare means good things will happen."

"Tch."

Kurogane makes that annoyed noise, but doesn't comment further.

______________________

Note: #Novelber Day 3 - Scream