Chapter 13- Twisted Thoughts

Kag's POV

Okay. Today is the day. This is the day I'm going to ask him again.

I glanced at the mirror, and I was scared at what I saw. I saw a boy who was deciding between life and death.

Why?

Because of I get rejected by Hinata, it's going to be the death of our relationship.

----------

I grabbed another volleyball, getting ready to jump-serve it. I was waiting for Hinata, so that we could have a little bit more practice.

This weekend we're going to have a match against Dateko, and I really don't want to lose. I don't think Hinata wants to either.

The entire team is practicing harder than ever, working on the basic skills, like receiving, spiking, blocking, and serving.

I was about to spike it, but suddenly there was a blur of orange right in front of me. I hesitated, and I saw Hinata grinning at me.

"Good morning Kageyama!" He said with that stupid cute smile of his.

"Why were you so late?" I asked, trying to look away from his adorable face.

"Oh, it was because I woke up late! I didn't understand the homework, so I stayed up late doing it, only to realize that I still wouldn't understand it. Anyway, toss to me!" He quickly changed the subject, and he put his hands in the air, imitating a set.

I nodded. "Yeah, we need all the practice we can get so that we can beat Dateko again."

In other words, that was my excuse to be near Hinata.

----------

Hinata's POV

I don't understand what's going on.

Kageyama is suddenly distant from me, and he's a lot nicer than before. It's almost as if he's trying not to scare me away. I don't know why, but I'll trust him.

I was super excited to go to the Dateko practice match, so that I can see so many of my other friends there. I also want to hang out with Kageyama during the bus ride there.

"Hinata, watch what you're doing!" Kageyama yelled at me, and I saw a ball coming toward me.

I stepped back, and received it cleanly. Hey, my receives are getting better!

"Nice receive!" Coach Ukai said. He was the one who spiked the ball at me.

"Thanks!" I shouted back.

----------

After practice, I had classes, and most of the time I found it really hard to focus. I was thinking a lot about Kageyama, and about how cool he is and how awesome he is.

Wait what?! I just said that Kageyama was cool and awesome? What is wrong with me?!

I must've had a really weird look on my face, because a kid right next to me started laughing and pointing at my face.

All of the other students didn't understand what was going on, and they turned to glare at both me and the student.

I just put my head back on my desk, and eventually the kid stopped laughing.

Dang, that was really awkward.

I sighed, and as I stood up to leave the class, I felt my phone buzz. I looked at it, and it said that I had a text from Kageyama.