When We Were Young (11)

Adele's POV

When Lau got back with Ashlyn and Angelo, Ash and kolton stopped thankfully.

"Mum?" I directed my attention from my computer to Ashlyn who was walking into the kitchen.

"What?"

"Hey can we talk?" i started to become concerned.

"Yeah, i guess." i said hesitantly

"Well first of all, you shouldn't be mad at ash" she started.

"Why shouldn't I?" I said somewhat annoyed that she said that.

I mean she's pregnant for crying out loud, why shoudn't I be mad at her?

"I mean I know I've told you this before and so has everyone else, but you honestly got pregnant with her three years younger than she is now, and that's my age mum. And did grandma Penny throw this whole thing out on dad and you, I mean no." 

Little did she know she did, but I can't tell her what happened because it would most likely ruin her relationship with my mum.

 "And trust me i've already talked to her about this. She said she was all nice to you and dad and was like 'aw congrats' and all that, I mean sure she was disappointed and all because that's a little too young, but she still loved you."

None of that happened.

 "Like look at the way you're treating my sister, I mean I really want her to be a mum so that I can take care of her baby." she paused to catch her breath. "And second of all, we all know Ash has been through so much and is you doing what you're doing helping her? No it's just gonna make her feel less loved and we can't do anything to change what's happened, so can we just be happy for her and show her we really lover her?" 

I was really taken back by what Ashlyn just said. 

"Ok but i'm still mad at her. And i'm not gonna promise i won't give her and kolton crap about it. But i will back off, some."

"Thank you, I mean she's told me stuff that you do to her and it's pretty, um, overprotective, well kinda like that, and I know this is weird but for once I feel bad for her. And I know you're just being a mother but also support her and help her because you've been through this and it's hard, I know, because grandma told me about you when it happened."

There goes my mum telling a bunch of lies to cover her butt.

 "But Kolton is the father so it's fair they still get to be together. I mean grandma didn't make you guys stay apart, like look at how happy you and did are now, maybe even to happy"

 I smiled at the thought of how happy I am.

But my mum forced me and Simon to seperate for a while.

 "Don't you want Ash to feel happy too? Maybe they'll end up like you and dad one day. You're happy so I thought maybe you'd be happy for her too. I mean what do you always tell us all the time, 'Be brave and fearless to know even if you know you do make a wrong decision you're making it for a good reason'. "

"I know" I was speechless. 

"And look at her situation, you've told us that so much and you're basically turning what you always tell us to convince us to come back strongly and you doing what you're doing, that's not right. Show her what you mean is true. And that she can come to you for help, like a mother should be like." she finished.