Chapter 6 - Clumsy

Start from the beginning

" Shi...itake! " Phew! Almost said a bad word there.

" I'm so sorry about your balls! "

" What? "

" Fall! Your fall! I wasn't looking where I was going. My knee got in the way. I'm sure your dong will survive. I didn't hit it that hard. "

" My... What? "

" Excalibur! You know... I kneed you in the... Please don't make me say it! "

By now, I'm so red that the old lady living in the apartment in front of mine could marinate my head and can it like pickled beets. Actually, that sounds gross. Forget I said that. By the way, she's not a murderer. She a real hoot! I'll introduce her to you soon. Her name is Leonora but I usually call her Leo. She asked me to after I called her ma'am and she hates her name, so, who am I to deny a senior citizen? Not that she talks like one. You would be amazed by certain skills and experiences she has. A lot of them I did not want to know about but she told me anyway. Now, cringing is my default reaction when I'm around her. She's very nice, though. She says that I'm the grandchild she never had. I like it a lot. More than the 20 cats she has for sure... Hearing him speak again brings me out of my mental rambling.

" Excalibur... Oh, wow. I wouldn't go that far, but thanks, I guess. "

Judging by the crimson color his ears and face are turning, we'll be jar buddies soon. The pickled beets, remember?

" I think I should be able to use it. You know... With a girl. " Oh, yay! He can word-vomit like a champ, too!

" Not today, you won't! " Oh, God! We're quite the pair. Okay, calm down, Sang! Think about your happy place. But green eyes meet mine and I stop trying to get up. I think I'm even holding my breath. I don't want him to realize how atrocious my breath must be right now. I just drank a coffee and it feels gross. Engrossed with my examination of his facial features, I notice the stark difference between his eye color and the dark brown of his hair. It's pretty long on top and very short on each side of his head. I saw a male model with the same haircut recently except that this young man's hairdo is much more disheveled. I guess the fall didn't help. His black rimmed glasses give him a cute nerdling look. I could even say sexy. Compared to the guys I recently met here at the Sergeant Jasper, he seems to be on the tall and wiry side. Not that he looks too skinny, but all of the other men's muscles are more defined than his. He looks to be in good shape, though. I can tell. His body's plastered against mine after all. His thin but kissable lips are slightly opened. He must be at least a head taller than me. It's hard to know exactly since he's sprawled on my body, you know? When his gaze leaves mine to focus on our surroundings, I finally try to get up.

Moving away from me, he tries to help, but apparently, we're not done touching each other involuntarily. Sliding on the floor like figure skating beginners, we both plunge back to the floor and this time, he's the one to knee me in the private parts. I already was a disaster before but us together? We're like a nuclear bomb ready to explode. I can't help but start laughing.

" I guess I won't be making any babies today either! "

I don't know how his laugh can be both cute and sexy, but it is. It's not loud and deep like North. It's more like a quiet chuckle ending a little louder with a heartfelt hahaha sound. I don't think this man could hurt anyone voluntarily. He looks like such a nice guy!

" Oké, I am truly sorré about dis. I just mopped de flawr and dat is why the flawr is slippery. Jeffèrson, come ere and elp dem. I don't ahve enov mussel! "

This is one of the employees, everybody! She's from Quebec, so this explains her extremely bad English accent. She mopped the lobby's floor and that's why we fell the second time. We can hear Jeff laughing all the way from the counter to us while I'm throwing daggers at him with my eyes. He's taking this big brother role way too seriously.