Chapter 22: Understatement Of The Century.

Start from the beginning

We didn’t hear a word in the house the entire day.

“Maybe dad has something to say to us; maybe he has some explanation to do.” Conan said, looking out the window.

“I really hope he does, and a logical one.” I murmured.

“What are we supposed to tell the twins now?” Conan said exasperatedly covering his face with both hands.

“I think they pretty much saw everything. What’s to tell?” I said putting everything in perspective, like I always try to do in such situations.

Conan groaned. “Chet also said that he heard dad talking to someone about living at someone’s place for a while. I didn’t tell you that before because Mel, Amanda and Courtney were in the room and I didn’t want to upset you at the time with all the tensions.”

“What the hell?! You’re more upset than I am. You’re dealing with so many shit nowadays and it’s totally fine if you’re tired now. Let me take care of this one, I’ll talk to Molly and Chet. You focus on handling mom, that’s what you do best.”

“Ugh, fine. But how can we ask mom or dad why they’re taking a break now? Do you really think it’s our business?” As soon as it came out of his mouth, it seemed to bother me too. He was right and I was blind, not noticing things as usual.

“Then we aren’t gonna ask that. They’ll probably decide what’s best for all of us. Let’s leave it to them?” I opposed.

“You’re right. There is already a lot to think about.”

“And I’m leaving Debbie and Melanie to you now. It’s your decision to make.” I told him out of the blue, before he could even start to discuss that with me.

I think it’s his decision to make, and he can make the right choice. I believe in him that much.

He pulled his eyebrows together to ask me where did that even come from but I left the room in a hurry so he couldn’t even ask. I’m down for answers and I need sleep.

~~~

“So you’re dating?” I questioned Courtney referring to Damian as I took a bite from my sandwich.

“NO!” she whisper-yelled turning all scarlet.

“But you’ve kissed?” Melanie said reminding her.

“Yeah..”

“And you’re not sure what to do because you’re really falling for him this time…?” Amanda completed the theory.

“IT’S LIKE YOU GUYS READ MY MIND!” Courtney exclaimed oh so unbelievingly.

We all burst into fits of laughter. Our typical Courtney.

“No Courtney, you’re just so predictable.” Melanie told her putting an end to her excitement.

“And typical.” I added fist bumping Melanie.

“And you’re not funny.” Courtney gave us the ‘don’t make fun of me or I’ll kill you’ look.

We obviously went all quiet after that.

Suddenly Damian appeared from behind putting his hand on Courtney’s shoulders finding her in complete shock as she shivered under his touch. Whoa, that’s something cute I see.

“Can I kidnap her for some time?” he asked sheepishly looking at us. I really hope he sees Courtney’s flushed face because that’s the first time we were seeing too.

Melanie put her fist under her chin resting her elbow on the table. “You have our allowance.” She grinned.

“Thanks.” He winked at her in a casual way, not the flirty kinda way and entwined his hands with Courtney’s as she stood up looking at anything but us.

Scarred | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara