Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

I watched Ninja and the baby dragon for a few seconds before I decided it was time to go find Baileys body. If she was logged out then most probably it would not be there, but going by the events that have occurred within this realm, I needed to make sure.

I slowly began to make my way forward towards the exit to the cavern I was in. With Ninja and the baby dragon stopped their play fighting and turned to stare at me. Ninja seemed to understand what I was going to do as he quickly made his way to my side. The baby dragon on the other hand took a little longer before it quickly took flight and hovered behind me.

It took a while to find my way back to the oval cavern where Bailey lost her life as her avatar. To my surprise, her body was still there slumped against the wall on the opposite side. I quickly made my way over to her slumped body as began to worry.

Never before has a log out left the body behind. The bodies always vanished with them. Maybe it had something to do with the forced log out I performed? Maybe it interfered with the gaming logic that assists the transfer between worlds.

I placed my hand on Bailey's cheek as I closed my eyes trying to focus the power within me to at least help her in any way I could. If that meant sending her body back to her world and losing her forever, then I would be more than willing to allow for that to happen.

I searched within myself trying to find the center of the power given to me. From both Thor and Odin. I found it in the form of a brightly glowing golden red orb that spun slowly in a clockwise direction. Around it were dozens of the same coloured thin strings that rotated itself as well as spun around the orb at a quick speed. Making the orb seem powerful beyond understanding.

I found myself floating through the spinning strings as if they could not affect me in any way. When I approached the orb within arm reach, I lifted my left hand to touch it. Hoping that the risk of the unknown was worth the effort.

My hand sunk into the slowly rotating orb before my entire body began to be sucked in and within seconds I was enveloped within the orb. The power surrounding me caused the skin to singe off my body as a silent scream escaped my lips.

The powerful aura like substance began to seep into my very core as the burning sensation increased. It felt as if my body was splitting into nothingness while still being able to feel it. When the last of the power merged within my body, my body floated into the darkness that surrounded me.

The particles that made up my body slowly began to merge together as a sense of serenity and calm overcame me, soothing the pain that was ever present previously. As my body finally formed I felt completely different. I felt as if I could accomplish anything. Like all the power within the world was at my disposal.

I clenched my fists as I looked down at them, wondering if the power I obtained would be enough to accomplish what needed to be done. I closed my eyes and imagined myself leaving my mind and regaining consciousness outside of myself.

Within a few seconds I found myself staring down at the lifeless form of Bailey's avatar with my right hand glowing a bright golden red. As fast as it could form around my hand, it seeped into her skin filling it with colour.

I kept up the transfer for a minute or two before the fruits of my labour finally came to bare. I watched as Bailey's avatar clenched her eyes shut as if waking from a deep sleep. Slowly she opened her eyes to reveal clear hazel eyes that made my heart skip a beat. How did they change? How could they become even more beautiful than before?

"Kai?" She asked with a strained voice clearly displaying her confusion and weakened state.

"Hey." I replied with a large smile as I felt my body weakening drastically. "I thought I may have lost you." I said as my right hand dropped from her cheek and fell limply at my side.

"Kai!" She shouted as she brought me into a hug. Crushing my body as she did so. Apparently she was happy to see me. "I thought you died?" She said as she held me tighter and at the same time soft sobs were leaking into her shaken voice.

"What?" I asked confused as I held her close with my left hand only loosening when she leaned back to look me in the eyes. "What do mean I died?" I asked her as I noticed tears falling down her cheeks. But that's impossible. She couldn't have cried? She is still apart of the gaming engine that Travent Corp developed. She is still limited to a small array of human emotions actions within the engine.

"After what happened at the school, you fell unconscious." She began as her tears continued. "Vernon took us to the Travent Corp HQ building in hopes to keep you alive, but that's when your vital signs began to drop." She leaned her head against my chest as she clutched my scarf tightly. "He managed to stabilise is and for a few days, it was going fine. But then..." She said as she pressed harder into my chest. "Then, everything went wrong. You screamed in pain as blood began to leaked from your eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. Your body writhing in the same pain that short circuited the machines attached to it. Then you... you... your heart stopped and your body lost all colour. You were so pale. That was a week ago."

A week ago? I thought to myself. It couldn't be possible. Could time be affected differently here? Could it really have been that long? It just didn't make sense. I thought back to the time before I managed to escape to the real world and noticed that the times fit each other perfectly. It didn't distort as it did now.

Something must be horribly wrong for things to go this awry. I tapped into the power of Odin's eye as the wealth of knowledge flooded through me. Instantly I knew what was happening and cursed that my actions have hastened his plans.

"It's okay, Bailey. I'm here." I told her as my mind wondered through the events that would come to pass.

It would seem that the devastation that was once thought to take hold a few years from now, was fast approaching us. With the Dark Mage gaining more power due to my visit to the real world, he has enough to execute his plans within the next few weeks.

Bailey leaned back and looked up at me. The soft smile on her face that formed at my reassurance to her, fell when she looked higher than my eyes. Most probably towards my hair.

"Why is your hair gold?" She asked.