chapter 10

I was falling deep into the chamber of sleep when I heard several gasps. That immediately awakened me.

I looked towards the source of the voices and stopped dead in my tracks the second I saw that woman. Next to the boat was a young woman not older than 21. But that wasn't what stopped me, no it was they way she looked.

Legends weren't lying by saying that sirens where the most beautiful creatures ever.  Her white eyes where the most hypnotizing thing  ive ever seen, her face was perfect. Her hair long and shiny. She moved carefully towards the boat looking strangely towards everyone.

The old saikor took out a knife from his shoe ready to stab her, when Anthony and Greg pushed his hands back hissing at him for scaring her away.

She went back striken by what happened. It seemed like she didn't know the object. She looked curiously at everyone still staying silent.

"C..Can you speak?"  Anthony stuttered.

After a minute of debating weather too answer or not the Siren opened her mouth. " Yes I can" her soft melodic voice spoke causing all of us to stare at her in awe.

"Where you the one to sing?"  she asked Anthony.

He nodded breathlessly a small blush filling his cheeks. He lost his mind to the woman already.

She gently touched his cheek caressing it causing all of the men to look at him in jealousy.

I should do something about this. I cannot have  all of my men loosing their minds. I quickly looked away from the beautiful woman and remembered the plan we made. We must take one of them and see what happens.

All of my thoughts got stopped as I heard an angelic voice singing. I looked to see the Siren singing in an unknown language. The words were so beautiful in her lips. Even though I didn't understand anything I felt like jumping into the water to swim with her.

No no, I shook my head. I can't let this fool me. Soon rest of them will go out and we will take one of them.

I tried to ignore her voice and instead tried to focus on finding the cure, of Saving my father.

I heard a  splash and looked to see one of the sailors jumped into the water. I quickly ran  to the edge to  see if he's fine but instead saw him sink under as hand's took him down with them.

A second later the ship was cornered with Sirens. One looked better than the other. I looked around trying to find someone good for taking. I couldn't choose.

"Joseph!"  I shook my friend trying to make him come out of this trance. I shook him plenty of times but didn't get an answer, that's when I did what had to  be done. I punched him in the face making him fall like a sack of potatoes. Bloody hell.

I dragged him somewhere safe and ran towards Emil. He at Least gave a reaction after the 7 time of shaking him.

"Help me put the net down!" I exclaimed quickly. He gave me the net and I send him to take everyone out of there.

I looked around and saw Mermaids caressing and whispering to everyone in the boat. The old sailor started to curse around while holding his knife. I'd have to be quick.

I looked around onse more and spotted a curious yet terrified looking young Mermaid. She didn't look old enough to hurt anyone, nor I think anyone knew she was here. I quickly took my chance and set the net down towards her.

She looked up and as she saw me horror filled her eyes. She immediately went underwater and tried to swim away,  but it was too late the net has caught her. I tried to pull it up but I couldn't. Something wouldn't let me. It surely wasn't her she wouldn't weigh that much.

I looked down to see another tail next to the net. They were trying to save her? Wait what was happening?.

I heard cries under the water. I starting lifting the net,  only to see someone else in there.