Chapter Twenty-six

Start from the beginning

"Shit!" Kabuto took this distraction as a way to jump her. Unfortunately for him, Rider had kicked him in mid-air and into the trees once more. Her body was becoming weak. The poison was spreading quickly. Kabuto stood above the weakened demon who laid on the ground. Sakura had replaced Rider.

"You are weak." His hands threw up to stab her but she caught it between her hands. Her eyes were replaced by sharingans. "NO! That's impossible!" His eyes adverted from hers, allowing her to kick him off her.

"Cherry Blossom: Eternal Living Death!" Her eyes bled profusely as Kabuto fell to the ground. He was done. Trapped in an optical illusion, a genjutsu that could never be broken. Now chattering happily to himself, she allowed herself to lie on the ground. The poison still ran through her, but she was in her form, therefore, the poison slowed down. She took out the bottle of liquid and downed it. It was over for her. She knew the poison could not be stopped.

I guess this is it Rider
Before we die, I just want to tell you something
What
I promised your mother to protect you
You did well
I'm proud of you
As I am with you

Tsunade cried, clutching Jiraiya's body closely. They had been sucessful in killing Orochimaru, but not without the loss of her childhood friend. She had lost two of her childhood friends. The three legendary sanin were no more. She thought back to all the times she had pushed him or hit him because he was being a pervert. The times when he would smile at her when comforting her. The times when he held her tightly when she needed someone. The time when they were a team. She stroked Jiraiya's cheek, staring miserably at the smile he had died with. An anguished cry came from her as she sobbed loudly, holding him tighter.

Kakashi stood there numb. He had killed his childhood friend who he believed to be dead. Obito, the man who had given his sharingan to Kakashi when he lost an eye. Obito, the boy he had argued with when it came to Rin, the only female on their team. He hovered over the crumpled body and kneeled down. For once in his life time, he pulled his mask down and cried. During their fight, Obito told him that Rin was dead because of Kakashi. When Kakashi told the truth, Obito begged him to kill him so that he could join her. He refused to kill his precious friend, and in the end, Obito had gotten his wish. Kakashi had planned to use his chidori to immobilize him, but accidently went through Obito's chest when he moved. Obito smiled and thanked Kakashi for relieving him from his misery before falling. He died with a content smile, knowing that he would be with his childhood love.

Naruto stared at the lifeless body of the orange haired man. Hinata had thrown herself into the fight when Naruto was pinned. She confessed her love to him and allowed herself to get beaten to protect him. He carried her wounded body carefully to the hospital.

Sasuke and Itachi breathed heavily as they fell against the wall. They had just defeated Madara Uchiha. Sasuke heard Itachi's wet cough as he spat up blood. They were dangerously low on chakra and Itachi was in bad shape. Both their eyes were bleeding and they were cut and burned. Medical ninjas arrived and began to heal Itachi quickly. Now being able to stand and walk, Itachi walked all over the place. He searched for Sakura and was panicking with every second. No one had seen Sakura since the morning before the war. He called her name around the village, desperately running around.

"I need every available ninja to find Sakura Haruno!" Itachi ordered angrily.

"H-hai!"

"I FOUND HER!!" Itachi sprinted to the person and found her curled in a ball. Kabuto laid a hundred feet away from her, babbling like a mad man. She must have used the forbidden jutsu. He scooped Sakura up and ran to the hospital with every ounce of energy he had.

"I need help!" He yelled, putting Sakura onto the bed. The nurses quickly wheeled her into the operating room.

"DAMN IT, WE'RE LOSING HER!!" Itachi entered the room and watched as the monitor went flat.

"Time of death: 11:56 p.m."

"NO!" Itachi screamed, pushing the medics out of the way as he held her tightly. Her body flopped lifelessly as he shook her, trying to wake her up. Her forehead began to glow, and soon a diamond could be seen. He stared at the diamond on her forehead. Her body jolted before she gasped for air. He held her tightly, refusing to let her go.

"Itachi." She croaked.

"I'm here."

"I love you. But can you let me go?" As much as she wanted to be hugged by her lover, she was being suffocated by his chest.

"What?"

"Please?" He released her reluctantly and watched as she healed herself then him. "Where is everybody else?"

"I do not know." They walked outside and found the remaining ninjas outside. Naruto holding Hinata, Sasuke leaning against the wall, Tsunade with a sad smile, and the rest of the ninjas behind them.

"Thank Kami you all are alive." Sakura hugged the ninjas, thanking them for their hard work.

All in all, only a couple buildings were destroyed. All of the villagers came back the next day. Many shinobis and kunoichis were lost in the war, but many were glad to be rid of the Akatsuki and Orochimaru.