LORDOSIS Chapter 12

The fight was over, I knew that because the crowd stood in silence. Kaylan moved forward off and the little boy turned around to look at me quickly. He stared all over me and started to cry "He got her, she is bleeding," he cried as Kaylan turned to look at me. An expression of horror filled his eyes as he rushed forward with Endeya to kneel by my side.

Endeya screamed. "You.... evil...," she sobbed as she looked back over her shoulder.

I tried to move.

"No don't move," Kaylan said as he looked between me and Nambi. "I need to see," he said to me. I felt him move the material at the side of my dress.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry," I said as he looked and I became aware of my stab wound and faced the fact that I could die.

His eyes filled with tears as he looked and Endeya covered her mouth and continued to cry.

"I'm sorry Kaylen," I said again.

"Shhh, save your strength," he whispered.

"Lets get them back," Edward said as he had examined Nambi. "Endeya and the boy too, I have had the baby taken back to my wife and I want you both checked over," he ordered.

"Hold that on it tight whilst I lift her," Kaylan instructed.

"Arrrggghhh," I cried as I felt my skin tear more as he lifted me. "No, no please put me down."

"Arrrrggggggggghhh," I heard Nambi cry as she was lifted too and I felt her pain.

Endeya held the cloth to my wound as Kaylan carried me through the market and I cried out in pain. Endeyas husband ran to us out of breath and offered to help Kaylan carry me but Kaylan rushed forward as I cried in pain.

"What happened?" Hannah asked as we entered the house but Kaylan just ran passed and through to a room at the back.

"MANU!" he called.

"I'm here," Manu replied. "Place them there," he said.

I cried out as Manu put his hands against my wound. "Side of the blade, she is lucky," Manu said. "Clean it and stitch it. Where did this happen?" he asked.

"In the Market," Edward replied as Nambi cried out at Manu touching her.

"Threw the shoulder, narrowly missing the vein," he said relieved. "I will stitch them both. The women are confined to these walls until the perpetrator is dealt with."

"He has been detained," Edward replied.

"See if he has any family that needs taking care of and then banish him," Manu said. "There has been enough blood spilt tonight. Do we know what triggered the attack?"

"No, I just heard Tahira screaming for Kaylan," Endeya replied. "I ran to see what was wrong and he was attacking her. Nambi was already stabbed and lying on the floor so I tried to get him off Tahira but he just wouldn't let go he was determined to kill her."

"That is very brave of you," Manu replied as he checked her over and other aids prepared to clean our wounds.

"Not really," Endeya said and cried. Her husband held his arm around her in support.

"Cuts, bruises and shock," Manu said. "Get her some ointment and wine," he ordered. "Now where is the bravest boy in the city?" he asked.

"Here," the little boy spoke and I realised he was cuddle up to my side as Kaylan lay with his arm over me and his head on my legs just looking up at me.

"Come let me see you," Manu said and picked the little boy up off the bed.

"I got him with my feet," he said.