7 | the

*** T H E ***

     THE PRINCE CAME the next day, true to his word, with his charming smile and his charming words.

     It was daybreak when I heard the gallops and the majestic neigh of the prince’s horse, Mireya. I was standing skittishly at the base of the entrance, back rested against the cold surface of the cave.

    On the outside, I might had looked dull and disinterested, though in the inside, I was practically squealing. I couldn’t let the prince see my reaction! I couldn’t let him know that I was leaning against the entrance ever since I woke up!

    “Happy to see me?” the prince asked teasingly, climbing off his horse, tethering the binds onto a nearby tree.

    Everything about the prince was handsome; from the way his hair bounced with the soft breeze, to the way his lips formed into an amused grin, I was beyond whipped for the man.

    “You wish Kingsely. I hate to inflate you’re already gigantic ego.”

    “You want to see what else is gigantic about your prince?”

     I blushed a deep scarlet when his grin quirked into that sly smirk – an action I knew was reserved during his moments of vulgar humor.

    The prince would be the death of me.

    Today, the prince was wearing a White buttoned up dress shirt, with the sleeves rolled and tucked firmly on his elbows. Together with the pair of white pants, they were encrusted with laces of gold and amber – everything about his outfit was Royalty. Yet, it looked simple and comfortable to wear. Honestly, even if the prince had rags for clothes he would still pull it off with a remarkable sense of style.

     Would I have looked as handsome as the prince when I wore White and Gold?

    The prince removed his helmet, placed it on the saddle of his horse and ran hasty fingers through his Brown locks. Messy was his style, I realized. He doesn’t like to groom himself – nonetheless, he looked just as gorgeous as his eyes.

     “How was your sleep beautiful?” the prince teased with a soft smile, eyes twinkling as he got on his knee and peppered the back of my hand with light kisses.

    He then stood up and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me flushed against his chest. My arms had circled his neck out of impulse – and if I hadn’t calmed myself, the snakes would have bitten the prince.

    “Did you dream of me? Because I dreamt of you too. And these are dreams that I would very much like to reenact in the bedroom with our clothes on the floor.”

    My cheeks had burned so brightly when I had hit his chest repeatedly. The prince could say the most vulgar things.

    There was a single moment where we just stared at eachother for a while, and then the prince moved closer until his lips were ghosting mine. Like an impulse, my eyes had fluttered shut.

     And when I thought he was going to press his lips against mine, he had uttered those words that plummeted my mood.

    “Go to the ball with me.”

    I didn’t know what the prince was thinking as of the moment, and with his lips a breath away from mine it was hard to get a single, logical thought. But the prince didn’t know how much I really wanted to go to the ball with him – and of the things I had to sacrifice in order to do so.