Chapter Four.

"Cas! Can I have your number so we can hang out after school sometime?" Dean asked me and I was caught completely off guard. We were outside of the school building, just me and him. Sam was sick.

No one has ever asked for my number before.

Well, I was the school punching bag last time so.

"Uh... I-sure," I stuttered, taking his phone and typing in my number.

"You alright?" He asked, taking his phone from my hands. I nodded, looking at the ground.

"Just, no one has ever asked for my number before," I admitted. There was a small gasp.

"Wait, so you've never even talked to anyone outside of school? Hung out with anyone?" He asked completely shocked. I bit my lip and shook my head.

"A lot went on at my old school," I whispered.

"Well, I'm going to take you home and ask your dad if you can hang out with me today! Okay?" He said, grabbing my wrist softly.

"He'll say yes without hesitation," I accidentally thought out loud.

"Why? That's good but why?" He was confused. We got into him Impala and he started to drive to where I told him.

"Uhm, it's a long story?" My voice squeaked and it came out as a question. Dean laughed patting my shoulder.

"Alright," he said before we pulled into my drive way. Father opened the door as we got out.

"Castiel, Dean," father said with a bright smile. I smiled back at him.

"Hello, father," I said, waving at him.

"Uhm, Mr. Novak?" Dean said, catching his attention.

"Yes, Dean?" He asked. He probably thought I had my wings already but I didn't. Not even close.

"I was wondering if I could take Cas out? Like over to my house with Sammy or something," he was nervous.

Why was he nervous?

"Of course, just have him back before 10 please," father said willingly. Dean smiled and nodded at him. I walked up to my father and handed him my bag.

"Thank you, father," I said, hugging him.

"I'm not doing this because of your wings you know," he said hugging me back. I looked up at him confused. "I'm letting you because they're your first friends in a long time," he said.

I nodded, letting go and walking back to the car. I hopped and and Dean started to back away as I waved.

The car ride was silent for the most part. My wrists were kind of itchy and my neck kind of hurt.

It always happened whenever someone brought up the memory of my old school.

We pulled up to a nice looking two story house. I smiled softly at it before getting out of the car and walking up to the door with Dean.

We walked inside and he motioned for me to follow him up the stairs.

"My room is right there. Make yourself at home please. I'm just gonna check on Sammy. I'll be right there," he said, walking to another door. I nodded and walked in to the navy blue room with band posters everywhere.

I took off my coat and laid it across a chair before looking at my neck in the mirror across the room.

There was a scar there and I swear the bruises resurface every time I think about them.

I looked down and saw a scar on my wrist peeking through. I pulled my sleeve down and sat back on the bed, waiting for Dean.

It wasn't long until he walked in. He smiled at me and sat next to me on the bed.

"What do you want to do?" He asked after a moment.

"I don't know," I mumbled. I didn't know what would be cool to do considering I only ever hung out with my father.

"Uhm, do you just want to talk or do you want to do something else?" He asked, his voice slightly shaky. You wouldn't be able to notice if you weren't pay attention.

"We could get to know each other better I guess?" I questioned scared.

"Sure, that sounds nice," he smiled and I kicked off my shoes, sitting criss-cross on his bed.

"You first. Ask me any question," I told him. My brothers and I used to play this game every time they would come home from college.

"Okay, Uhm. Do you have any siblings?" He asked me. I smiled at the thought of actually getting to tell someone about my brothers.

"Yeah. I have two older brothers, Gabriel and Luci. Luci is short for something but if we called him by his actual name he would be frowned upon. Anyway, they're away at college now. They haven't been home since my last school but they've called," I said with a slight smile. It started to fade as I remembered the last phone call.

"GABRIEL! Talk to your brother! I can't get him to stop!" Father yelled, crying as he slid the phone on speaker under my door. I was crying. Sorry, sobbing.

"Cas? Hey Cassie," Gabe said through the speaker. "C'mon little bro, talk to me. Luci is here too," he said in a soothing tone.

"I-I hat-ate everything! I hate m-my-myself!" I cried as I slashed my wrists open. I grabbed the rope and started to tie it to the ceiling fan in my room.

"Cassie, don't say that. We love you okay? You're better than those people at your school," Luci said softly.

"I just want to die! Just let me kill myself... It'll be easier," I sobbed. There was a broken crying from the other end of the phone.

"Castiel, do not kill yourself please. I will get a ticket back home right now and miss every due date if I have to. Cas, you're important to us. You're better than them," Gabe said, voice shaking.

"Please, Cassie, don't do that. If you want us home, we'll come home. Just don't kill yourself," Luci cried.

I walked over to the door, blood dripping from my arms onto the white carpet, and quietly unlocked it before picking up the phone and holding it to my ear.

"I unlocked the door but father doesn't know. If you don't tell him, then I'm dead. I love you both," I cried softly, sliding the phone back on speaker and quickly standing on the edge of my bed and putting my head through the hole before stepping off.

I head the muffled yelling through the phone on the other side of the door before the door started to open as I was losing my vision and my head was feeling light.

I felt arms wrap around my legs, lifting me up so I could regain my breath before he brought me down.

I collapsed to the floor in father's arms sobbing even harder.

"I'm so sorry, father," I cried. He shushed me but I only cried more.

"Cas?" Dean's voice snapped me from my flashback. I shook my head and looked at him.

"Yeah?" I asked him. He looked worried.

"You okay?" He asked. I only nodded. "Okay. Anyway, who do you like?" He asked and I froze up.

What do I say?

I can't say him, even though I am starting to like him like that.

Oh lord, what do I say?