Chapter 15 - Notes

Start from the beginning

"Oh...She doesn't need bindings?"

"That's because she's a kunoiche."

"A what?"

"Basically, a female ninja."

You frowned slightly, "Oh.."

"But," He smiled up at you as he finished your left arm, "She also doesn't know that Avagrado's number equals 6.23 to the 23rd power."

You felt a slight smile appear on your face, "Donnie," you softly said, "Not everyone is a chemistry whiz like you."

He shrugged and straightened back up, "Some just have a knack for science, others don't. Oh, and, you might want to tie up your hair." He handed you another strip of black fabric, "(h/c) locks of hair flying in the wind isn't so easy to cover up." He chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck.

You nodded and proceeded to tie it back, "So, how exactly is this going to work?"

He leaned against the table with his hands, watching you. "Leo, Ralph, Casey and April will go to the front entrance of your father's lab and make sure no one's around still. You, Mikey and I will go around to the back of the lab and disarm the security system, think you handle it?"

You nod, "Definitely, it's nothing more than a simple debugging code."

He smiled, "Good. Since we don't really know where his private office was, it'll be up to you to secure his notes. There's a bag on the table that you can put whatever you can find there in, so try to get the most important things first."

You bit your lip, "O-okay...and after that?"

He shrugged, "We go home find, probably celebrate with Mikey's infamous homemade pizza, and find the retromutagen."

You let out a half chuckle, "If only it were that easy."

"It could be."

A voice at the door made you glance up, seeing the girl that Donnie called April.

"Hi," She said, a soft smile on her face, "You must be Dr. (y/n)."

"I-it's just (y/n), really. I'm more of a glorified lab assistant to my father." You replied.

She chuckled, her bright eyes shining, "If you say so, but Donnie made it sound like you were the next Albert Einstein."

Donnie felt his face get hot, "I-I never said that, April."

She raised an eyebrow teasingly, "Oh, so you don't think she could be?"

"N-no!" He cried, "I-I...u-um."

She giggled, "I'm just teasing you, Donatello." She nudged him with her elbow as he smiled nervously.

"I'm uh...I'm going to go make sure that the ShellRazor is ready." He quickly walked out, his face bright pink.

April chuckled again and looked back at you, "He's really such a sweetheart. That jumpsuit looks good on you, by the way."

You glanced down at it, "Um, thanks...I hope you don't mind me borrowing it," you looked back up at her, "I didn't really have anything else to wear."

She shrugged, "You can keep it, along with anything else here of mine...I don't really need them anymore."

You nodded as you slipped on your shoes.

April smiled at you as she sat halfway on the table, "....So, we're breaking into your father's old lab?"

"Y-yeah...but it's more like, um...just going into it."

She chuckled and pulled out her blade fan, playing with it, "Whatever you say. How long has it been since you've gone in there?"

"Two years," You said quietly.

She glanced up at you, "That long?"

You nodded once again, sorrow picking at your heart as you relived those terrible days in your mind, "He sent me away when the Kraang attacks were beginning to get bad where we were...I...I haven't seen him since."

April's smile fell as she studied you, "...I'm so sorry."

You slipped on your other shoe, looking down, "Don't be...I-I have wonderful memories of him before all of this happened...a-and that's how I want to remember him, happy and carefree, not driven mad by the chaos erupting outside." Memories come flooding back to you...you could still see your father's panicked face as he told you to run, a gun in his hand...You obeyed what he said, and fled far away from the Foot bot infested lab...that was the last you ever heard from him...and you had been running ever since...

You felt something wet slide down your cheek and hit your hand. You gently reached up and brushed away the second tear threatening to spill, "...I-I never was able to say goodbye to him...When he refused to work for Shredder, h-he was killed on the spot..."

She gently placed a hand on your shoulder, "...Hey....it's okay...It'll all be over soon, you'll see...but we need you focus when we get there."

You nodded and stood up, taking one last final breath, "I-I can do that."

April smiled gently, "Good..."

Then she did something you never would've expected: she hugged you...

Your family was never really one for physically contact, so to have almost a complete stranger embrace you left you in a bit of shock, but...it felt nice. You had gone almost 7 months now with zero human interaction, and to have someone listen to you, to tell you that everything was going to be okay, was like finally seeing the sun after a lifetime of darkness.

You clutched onto her tightly, not wanting to let go. The few tears that you were struggling to hold back now were falling freely.

"Red!" A husky voice cried in the doorway, "You've gone and made the chic cry!"

You quickly pulled away, seeing a stranger dressed in...hockey gear?

April rolled her eyes, "Casey, we were sort of having a moment here!"

"Hehe, sorry." He grinned widely, showing off several holes in his mouth of where missing teeth should be.

April smirked and put a hand on her hip, "(y/n), this Casey Jones, my boyfriend."

"The one and only," He said in a horrific British accent, bowing eloquently as he did.

You giggled slightly at him, quickly wiping away whatever tears you had.

"So, you ladies ready to go kick some mutant butt and save the day?" He wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

You smiled and grabbed the bag Donnie had given you, "Definitely."