Chapter 30

I put on my pj pants and slowly peek at the small opening of the door listening to their peep talk.

"Why are you fucking here Diana? I'm sure I made it clear that we're fucking through." Danielle says.

"Oh baby. Can I not visit you now? The last time we met was at the club and you said you had to take your girl home because she's wasted at the bar." The sound of a female's voice I believe to be Diana that's what he called her.

"No. No you can't. This is my house and you can't just break in whenever the fuck you want. And side note; I have a girlfriend. Stay the fuck away from her." Girlfriend.

"Girlfriend? Since when you two are a thing? And oh. Are you two even a thing? Come on' get real Danny. Don't play with her like you used to do back in the days. And let me guess, she's what? 16? Poor soul."

"Stop! Just fucking stop. I'm not what I'm used to be. I've changed and it's none of your concern about whom I'm dating, so do yourself a favor and mind your mother fucking business."

"Oh Danny-"

"Don't fucking touch me." He shouted. Yikes. "Get out of my house and get gone. I don't care about you and I never were."

Silence stretched for a long moment before I heard a loud bang of the door.
I slowly open the bedroom door and walk out.
"What's going on? It sounded bad." Boy , it is bad. His face is all red.
"I-I'm sorry you had to hear all this baby girl." He pulls me in for a hug and let out a sight.

We sat down at the bar, I put my palm on his hand.
"Baby, who's her?"

"She's... Diana.. m-my.. my ex girlfriend."

I nod. "What is she doing here?"

"I'm just as clueless as you, angel. I woke up at seven and was about to make breakfast in bed for you, but she just come up hugged me and starts bashing bullshits at me."

"Wait. How does she even gets in here in the first place?"
He looks away avoiding my gaze with the question comes up.

"Hey" I rest my on his jawline and pull his face to meet mine. "Look at me, what's wrong?"

"We-I I gave her the key. We used to live together back in the days."He took a deep breath and look at me. "I don't know if this even important to you, but you just need to hear this."

I nodded as he starts explaining.

"When we finished college we had a plan of starting our little future together. I worked two jobs to pay the bills and plus saving for a ring. It was fine the first few months, but then her schedule changed so she had to do the night shift and we kinda.. only see each other on the weekends. Sometimes only on Sundays. One day when I finally got enough money to buy a ring and was planning to surprise her on the day we first met-"

"You mean like.. you're gonna propose to her?"

He nods.
"And all that changed when I came home to another man in a place we called home and on our bed-"

My eyes winded as he continues.
"I flipped out and stormed out the house and headed to my friend's bar get wasted there for 3 nights before deciding to come back home."

"What happened to the ring? If I may ask"

"I-I threw it away." He pauses for a moment.
"We had an argument that night and I told her to leave and she did. After that we lost contact until last week.. we met at the bar.. and ."

"This morning." I supply.

"Yyeah... i mean I don't even know she still has the key I-I though- and yo-you heard all those bullshits-"

"No.. it's okay." I gave a weak smile and stand up and about to leave, but he stop me.
"Kathy."

I turn around and he cups my face, and say, "Don't leave me. Stay. Please, Don't let her get in between us-"

"I-I'm sorry Danielle. I just need a break. It's just... I-" he locked his lips with mine for a long while before pulling away.

"Nothing matters to me, not her, nothing. All I need is you and only you. I love you Katharine Kingston. I really do."

I shake my head and break free from his hug. "I-I I can't Danielle. I gotta go." I take his hands off my face and headed to my car wiping away the tears.

"Where are you going?"

"Home."

He grab my hand and stop be half way.

"Danielle stop. Let me go."

"I can't. I need you to stay. With me."

I shake my head and I tears roll down my cheeks continuously.
He reaches to wipe it but I raise my hand to stop him.

"Don't."

He didn't.

"Danielle Don't."

He sighs and put his hand down.

"I-I gotta go."

He nods but didn't say anything.
I start the engine and drive home.

What do you think about this chapter?

Vote & Leave comments 😀

KK970