Chapter 9

Thursday

I didn't go to school yesterday because I was somehow have a headache, so dad let me slide on that. Staying at home on a school day wasn't as bad as I thought I would be. It's relaxing. I enjoyed it. I picked out my outfit for today. I'm trying to keep it simple, nothing's crazy — Black floral shirt, denim shorts and a pair of white converse.

I followed up my which is now call "routine"

"Well Hello Ms. Kingston." He greeted me as soon as I stepped in the room.
"Good morning Mr. Griffis." I softly smile.
"You missed a day of school yesterday. Where have you been?"
"I.. um.. I have a really bad headache. Uh.. did I missed a lot of notes?"
"Not at all." He smiled and turn his attention back to his laptop screen.
~~~~~~~~~
Lunch Time

"Hey, there you are missy."
"Oh my god, you scared me Sarah. Hi."
"You didn't come to school yesterday. Don't tell me you're sneaking off to get pizza without me."
"No. I had a very bad headache yesterday when I woke up."
"Oh. Good then." We both laughed.

"Psstt, hey" Sarah whispers to my me.
"What?" I say in a low voice.
"You want to know something I've found out yesterday in the Record room?"
I slowly nodded.
"I found Mr. Griffis address."
I gave the 'wtf' look. She rolls her eyes.
"We'll check it out after school." She said in a normal tone.
"But I thought we have a game today, we can't go."
"We'll just sneak out and then sneak back in." She winks.
"Are we even allowed to do that." I bite down my tuna sandwich.
"Yeah.. i think so, but it won't take that long. Just um.. 10 minutes."
"Alright then. Meet me at-"
"My car." Sarah cuts me off.
"Okay." I grin.
"Alright."

><><><><><><><

"Are you sure we'll make it here before the game." I ask nervously. Sarah gave me a look.
"Sure I'm sure, even though I don't know where the fuck his house is, but  i'm sure."
"Do you have the address?"
"Yep, here." She hand me her phone. It has blue line across the map showing where we are now and our destination.
"You do the navigation. I do the driving."

It was a 10 minute ride from school. Luckily it was easy to find.
Ironwood dr.
We drove past a couple of house and there it is.  Kinda small for a single home, but he's single eh.

We stopped and stared at it for a good 5 minutes.
"Ready to go back?" I nodded. She laughs and make a U-turn.
"Sarah.." I started.
"What?"
"I'm not going ask how'd you got in the Record room in the first place." I slowly nodded.
She giggles. "Well okay." She turns on the radio and our favorite song comes on.

I'm too distracted by the songs on the radio to even notice that we're back at the school's parking lot until Sarah kills the engine.

This is our second game of the week. Hope we're winning.

While the actions are starting, I'm lost in my thoughts. I kept staring nothing, I jumped when Sarah nudged me with her elbow.
"What?"
"Hello, earth to Kathy Patty. We won."
"We did?. Oh." I stand along with the crowd and starts cheering and screaming. Oh my fucking god. How the hell I got so lost and not even know that we're winning.

After changing, coach Gus and Griffis called us down to the field and announce the good news – Coach Gus will be hosting a party at his place this Friday night. Calling all members to attend, which means Dane has to cancel his Friday night plan.

         *check these songs out*
1. I Love You - Axwell /\ Ingrosso
2. Scared To Be Lonely - Martin Garrix & DuaLipa
3. Thinking About You - Hardwell ft. Jay Sean
4. Say So - Terror Jr
5. Under Control - Calvin Harris & Alesso ft. Hurts

Kittykatty970 😘😘😘