Sixteen

Namjoon's Perspective

It was now the end of the day and I had planned to go somewhere with Jenny after school today.

As I walked to her locker, I was greeted by Yoongi and Jimin. Later, we were greeted by Hoseok, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jin.

When we got to her locker, I was surprised to see her talking to Taehee. I never knew they were friends.

Jenny's Perspective

As I was putting away my things Taehee walked up to me. She looked pretty mad and disappointed at something. Was she glowering at me?

"I heard you're going to go with Namjoon today", she started out. "Didn't I tell you? He belongs to me, stop talking to him."

I let out a sigh. "Do you not have a life or anything better to do?" I didn't even spare her the glance. I don't have time for this right now.

She looked appalled and shocked to hear me say such a thing. I'm pretty surprised myself, I'm usually a quiet person.

"Excuse m-"
"Hey Jenny"

Taehee was cut off when Namjoon came along and rested his arm around my shoulder. The sudden action made my face turn to a light pink. Why was I blushing now?

"Oh. Hey, Namjoon." I tried to not let my voice shake.

Taehee looked at Namjoon as if she were thinking before she twirled her hair around her middle and index finger. "Hey, Namjoon." She said in such a flirty voice, it was disgusting to hear.

"Hello, Taehee" He simply glanced at her. It made me happy that he wasn't giving her much attention.

"So are you ready?" Taehyung spoke up.

"Yeah" I responded with a nod.

-

As we were walking to a nearby arcade, I found out what Namjoon meant by annoying. His six friends never stopped talking and their conversations were so weird, it made me wonder if they were normal.

When we walked into the arcade, Namjoon volunteered to pay for us all. Sometimes I forget there are people my age that aren't broke. When he payed he gave us all our tokens. Then he held out his empty hand for me to hold, in which I held with pleasure.

Everyone dispersed into their own little groups and went to play their games besides us two.

"So what do you wanna play first?" He asked me as he looked at me.

I hummed in thought before replying with air hockey.

"Who ever loses, has to give the winner a kiss" he said as he put in the tokens.

I scoffed quietly. "That's very cliché, are you confident to win or are you just looking for a reason to kiss someone?"

"Hmm... a little bit of both" he said with a slight smirk.

-

"I am almost positive Namjoon cheated this time"
"No, He won fair and square"

By now we have been at the arcade for over an hour and we can't decide a winner. Taehyung and Jungkook have come to spectate our game. They can't decide a winner either.

"You should just admit that you've lost 5 times now" Namjoon says as he puts puck down.

"I did not lose 5 times." I slightly raised my voice.

"Relax there's no need to get upset over the truth."

"I have the right to get upset, because it's not the truth. I did not lose 5 times."

Namjoon slightly rosed his eyebrow. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, very sure"

"Ok, then you won" He finally admitted.

"I know, thank you for acknowledging my victory." I said in a cocky tone.

"Don't you think it's getting kinda late?" Hoseok asked as he walked up to Namjoon.

"Yeah", agreed Jungkook. "If we're going to eat, then we should leave now."

"Yeah, ok." Namjoon agreed with both Jungkook and Hoseok.

-

We were walking home when the sun was just setting. It showed a beautiful sight. The sky was both a peachy colored and a pastel purple. It was so pretty and exquisite.

"Do want a picture showing the sunset?" Namjoon asked as if he read my mind.

"Yes, please" I said with excitement as I handed him my phone.

I turned to him and smiled brightly while he took the picture.

"Thank you."

On our way to my house, Namjoon brought up the topic of the Talent Show. The long awaited night of talent.

"Do you have your outfit ready?" He started to ask.

"Yes actually I do. I don't show off my legs very much so for me to wear a dress to this event is pretty special."

"I'll make sure to take a picture." He said more to himself than me. Maybe he wanted to tease me.

Namjoon's Perspective

"Do you have your outfit ready?" Jenny asked me.

"Yeah, also I would like to know whether or not you'd like to do anything else after the show? Cause what's the point in asking someone to the show if you can't talk to them?"

Finally found the courage. The guys would be so proud of me.

"Yeah, sure. I don't see why not" her reply made me feel warm inside.

Sadly we made it to her house and it was time for us to depart.

"Hey you loser, you never gave me the kiss I was promised." She said before walking towards her door.

"How can I forget the kiss?"
I quickly leaned in and kissed her right on the lips. It was longer than last time, much longer. And this time I was glad that a door was not going to get slammed in my face.

But I still saw her face flush to a bright pink. Was she embarrassed?

Before I could say anything else, she left for her door in a dash.

"Good night, Jenny. I hope you sleep well tonight." I muttered under my breath since I was alone in the now dark night.