Chap4: 'Fixing' the past

Chapter 4: Fixing the past

"Bruce! Bruce!" Alfred screamed from the parlor.

"What?! What?!" Bruce asked, shooting up from the chair in her room and running out to the balcony. She was prepared for the worst. Perhaps Two-Face had discovered her secret identity and come to kill her! She was also prepared for the best. Perhaps her shipment of Poo Emoji birthday supplies had just been delivered!

"Bruce! Come down quickly, I haven't much time!" Alfred cried, rushing into the foyer and grabbing her purse.

"What's happening?" Bruce came down the stairs.

"Bane just came by and said he won free tickets to 'In This Moment'! He doesn't know how, he didn't even sign up for anything! Anyways, he needs someone to babysit his puppy, and..." Alfred fairly jumped up and down with excitement. "He offered the second ticket to me! The concert's tonight so we've got to get on the road if we're going to make it!

"Wha...Bane? How'd he know you like 'In This Moment'?"

"Never mind that, maybe he's dropped by occasionally. Here's his puppy." Alfred handed a baby Pug to Bruce. "And you've also got to look after Dick and Waylon while I'm gone. You'll be a good dear and take care of them won't you?"

Bruce sputtered, nothing sensible coming out.

"Of course, I trust you." Alfred said, pulling Bruce in for a hug. "Well, I've got to go, I already said goodbye to Dick and Waylon, they're in the kitchen frosting the cupcakes. I'll be back by morning to make you breakfast, don't forget to drop Dick off at his parents this evening."

"Alfred. This sounds like a scam. I can't allow you to go." Bruce said firmly. She reached into the vase of dried flowers that sat on the coffee table by the door. "Unless you arm yourself." She pulled out a GPS tracker bracelet and offered it to Alfred. "If you press this button, I'll get notified and come rescue you."

"Sir, that is stupid. We'll be in New Jersey. By the time you get there, I will be dead."

"Not true. And besides, it's super cool and fashionable."

"I can take care of myself, thank you." Alfred said, pulling the butt of her Glock out from her purse ever so slightly before dropping it back inside. "I will see you later, take care."

Bruce sighed. "Okay..."

Alfred gave Bruce another hug and then ran out the door. Bruce looked at the Pug in her left hand and spoke to it. "No worries, I already have a tracker placed in her ear rings." She took the GPS Tracker bracelet and strapped it around the baby Pug's neck. "If anything was to happen to you, Bane would break me. If anything happens to Alfred, I will attempt to break one of his arms."

She put the dog down and headed for the kitchen to find

...that Dick and Waylon had tired of frosting the cupcakes and started painting the kitchen and themselves with chocolate frosting. Dick had a full mustache goatee combo, and Waylon had what looked like a poo emoji on his head.

"Nooooooooo!" Bruce screamed. This was worse than leech-snakes! All that chocolate frosting smeared on the walls, on the linoleum, on the appliances! It would take forever for Bruce to clean it all up, and that was only if she could find where Alfred kept the cleaning products! Which wasn't likely!

Dick and Waylon had frozen in their tracks and were staring down at Bruce's feet. Bruce looked down to find that Bane's Pug had just devoured a dropped Double Dark Chocolate Supreme cupcake. As they watched, it fell over and passed out.

Bruce lifted the baby Pug into the air just like in The Lion King. Except there was no singing, only screaming.

"Oooookaaaaay, so that kind of backfired." Batmite said, cringing at his window into Wayne Manor. "But maybe it changed something." He made himself invisible, then opened up a new portal to 2027 and leapt through.