Chapter 24

Brett's POV

When our father called, it was a big shocker. He normally has people call us for him. Travis had answered the phone and when he heard who it was, he put it on speaker phone so the rest of us could hear. He told us that he was coming to get us in a week and that we were moving to Paris to be with mom's parents. We've never been to Paris, well except for Travis. A few months after he was born grandma and grandpa payed for Travis's, mom's, and pa's travel expenses. But when I was born, it got to be a little too expensive, so they'd buy tickets for Travis to come and visit them. He has always been their favorite. And since he use to go and stay with them so much, he kind of got a British accent. It's not always noticeable, but sometimes it is. Especially when he's mad. So when he and Pa got into an argument, the British accent came into play. Mason, Carson, Tyler, and I just sat there and listened to them. For Travis, Mason, and me, we could choose whether to stay or go. Carson, Tyler, and Alex are still minors, so they have to go. Pa threatened the three of us to cut us off. Meaning we'd get taken out of the will and we'd never get to see Cason, Tyler, or Alex again. That means we're going to Paris too. It's going to be harder for Travis and Alex to leave. Travis has Jenny and doesn't want to leave her, and Alex now has Brody. Who needs her even more now. He still has pieces of his life missing. When Pa hung up, Travis left to go and tell Alex the news. I knew that one of us should've gone instead, but I also knew that Alex would need Travis the most. Those two have always been the closest, even though they have the most years in between them. I actually envy their closeness. I know I could've had it if I would've been nicer to Alex, or any of my siblings, but I was kind of the rebel of the family. We heard screaming coming from outside and Alex ran into the house, tears streaming down her face. What surprised me the most was that she came to me. She fell onto my lap and started crying. I held her close. I looked up at Travis, and all I could see was the anger he held for our father. That's why Travis wasn't the one comforting her. It's because he needed some closure too. He was too uptight. It actually felt really nice to hold Alex, even if she was upset and crying. It just reminded me of the times when she was a baby and I'd sneak up to her room and held her while she slept. No one but me knows about that though.

We're now at the airport. Alex has turned into a robot. She goes through the motions of everything she needs to do, but she doesn't have any emotion. I look at her sitting the airport chair, and she looks so small. She use to always look bigger than life, but now, that life has been drained from her. Her eyes are puffy and red, telling us she had cried herself to sleep. It tears my heart apart knowing that. I get up and walk over to her. 

"Alex?" 

"Hmm." 

"I know you're not okay, but will you be?" She doesn't say anything. She just stares at her hands that won't sit still. 

"I-I don't know Brett. I want to be, but I don't think I will be. Unless I lose my memory like Brody." She adds the last part quietly, but I still hear it. I grab her and pull her onto my lap. 

"Don't say that Alex," I say into her hair. She clutches tightly to me. I feel her tears soak my shirt. Then I hear her sobs. "Shhh.. It'll get better. You can move back when you're older. Then you'll see Brody again. You'll just have to keep in contact." 

"I told him to forget about me." My jaw drops. 

"What?!"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah. A new chapter, finally. Haha. Sorry about that guys. I had a super busy week and weekend. I was preparing for a shooting competition all week and then had the competition this weekend. Got home really late last night. But I had a good time with my teammates. We always have so much fun! Anyways, this story is about over, but I am working on the sequel. It'll be when they're older. And I hope you guys will like it. I hope you guys do like my story. 

Until next time.........