Chapter 9

Alex's POV

After I had calmed down enough, Travis and I walked back towards everyone.

"Hey everyone."

"Hey Alex," I hear a deep voice say behind me. A smile makes its way onto my face. I turn around and there stands a 6'5", brown haired, blued eyed man in front of me.

"Clay!" I scream. I jump into his arms and give him a big hug.

"Alex! It's so good to see you," my cousin says. He puts me down, and that's when I notice the girl next to him. She's petite, not much taller than me, has raven black hair, hazel eyes, and fair skin.

"Is this your fiancé?" He nods his head.

"Alex this is Nikki. Nikki this is my youngest cousin Alex." She smiles at me and sticks out her hand. I do likewise.

"It's nice to meet you," she says. Her voice is soft and sweet.

"Likewise," I say. Clay introduces Nikki to everyone else. Nikki goes back inside to help Aunt Lisa with dinner. The rest of us stay outside and catch up. soon we're called into dinner.

"I better go," Brody says.

"Nonsense. There's more than enough room for you Brody," my uncle says. Brody shakes his head.

"No I don't wanna impose. You guys have a lot of catching up to do, and I have school tomorrow. I'll see you all later."

"I'll walk you to your truck," I tell him. We walk in silence. When we get to his truck, Brody hesitates. "Do you want to ask me something?"

"Yeah. I was wondering if you'd wanna go to school with me tomorrow." I raise an eyebrow. "I know you're done with school for the summer, but I thought it would be fun. I know your brothers get tiring and knowing you, you'll get bored during the day." I smile.

"Yeah I bet you're right. So sure, I'll go." His smiles stretches from ear to ear.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 7:30. See ya."

"Bye."