Joshler: Alivia (fluff)

Requested by-  Trashy_AF_fangirl

Adopting a 3 year old little girl was never Josh and Tyler's plan. They were just going to adopt a puppy but somewhere along the line a child came into the picture.

They were on their way home from dinner one night. They were walking by the park close to their house when they heard yelling and something that sounded like a gun shot. They ran to the sound (stupidly) to see what was happening. There was a man with a gun standing over a woman who was laying on the ground, blood pooling from the bullet wound in her head, and a small, crying, child held in her arms. The man seen them and picked up the child and shoved her into Josh's arms. "Take her and the bag and go. Give her a good life." He said before raising the gun and shooting himself in the head. Tyler grabbed the bag and they quickly made their way to the police station. After weeks of investigation and seeing if there was any family to take care of the girl, Josh and Tyler were declared her new parents.

Weeks later and they were getting used to being parents. While the investigation was going on she lived in an orphanage and now she had a room across from Josh and Tyler's. She had adjusted well and loved playing with her new parents and had just started calling Josh daddy and Tyler papa. When she did Tyler started crying and hugged her for an hour.

***

It was early in the morning. Tyler was up making breakfast from Josh and Alivia while they were both sleeping. Tyler heard a thump, followed by cries, and heavy footsteps in the hallway. Tyler quickly ran up the stairs and could see that the light in Alivia's room was on. Her walked inside to see Josh sitting on the floor with Alivia on his lap, with tears in her eyes. Tyler gently sat down beside them and placed a hand on her back.

"What happened Livie bug?" Tyler asked in a gentle voice.

"I wanted to go lay with daddy but so got caught in the blankets. Then I banged my head on the table." Alivia cried in Josh's chest. Tyler moved her hair back slightly and could see the bump on her forehead, that was quickly bruising.

"Oh baby. How about we go downstairs and daddy puts ice on your head while I make banana chocolate pancakes." Tyler says smiling st his daughter.

"I like that papa."

Josh stood up, keeping Alivia in his arms and followed his husband downstairs. Josh grabbed an ice pack from the freeze and placed it in a towel before putting it on her head in the bump. Tyler started making the pancakes while watching his husband and daughter at the table.

"Here you go bug." Tyler sat down a plate of 2 pancakes with syrup on them and a cup of milk.

"Thank you papa." Alivia moved t her own chair and Josh stood up to grab his plate.

"I never got my good morning kiss." Josh said, hands in Tyler's hips pushing him into the counter.

"Sorry babe, but you were dealing with Liv. You're so good with her." Tyler draped his arms over Josh's shoulder and pecked his lips.

"Papa I spill." Alivia called from the dining room. Tyler pecked Josh's lips once more before grabbing a cloth and going into the dining room where his daughter was waiting.

When Tyler walked into the dining room Alivia was sitting in her chair with one of her pancakes on her lap, syrup running down her face and shirt.

"What happened?" Tyler knelt down and started gently rubbing syrup off of her shirt.

"I hit my plate and the pancake fell. Sorry papa."

"It's alright honey. You didn't mean to. You'll wash, it's okay." Tyler took the pancake from her plate and gently removed her shirt. "Finish eating and then you can have a bath."

It was then that Josh walked in with his and Tyler's pancake. He sat them on the table before sitting down across from Alivia, Tyler beside him.

When they were finished with breakfast Josh picked Alivia up and took her upstairs to bathe her while Tyler cleaned up the kitchen. When they were done they met in the living room where they put a movie on. Alivia was sitting on Josh's lap while Tyler was leaning against his side.

"I love you both so much." Josh whispered.

"I love you too babe." Tyler leaned up and kissed Josh's cheek. "And I love you." Tyler said kissing Alivia's forehead. Alivia giggled and squirmed until she was sitting on her knees facing Josh.

"Love daddy." She kissed his cheek. "Love papa." She kissed his cheek before sitting back down and snuggling into Josh.

That's when they both knew that their life was complete. The two of them and their daughter, that's all they'll ever need.

 The two of them and their daughter, that's all they'll ever need

Alivia Maria Dun