The knocking started to get louder and more persistent. "Riley, come on. If you want to talk, then we will, okay?"

So he only wants to talk after I've gotten pissed off at him?
"Go away, Stiles," I requested quietly.

"Is this about your wrist thing? If it is, we'll figure it out. I believe you when you say you're not a werewolf, but you've got to be something," he sighed. "There's no way you could've healed unless you were."

I don't know how, but I had almost forgotten about my bleeding scratches disappearing. Somehow, it didn't make it to the top of my priorities list.

I couldn't help but wonder if the same thing had happened that night; if the injuries were actually worse, but something stopped them from being so.

"Anything you want to talk about, we will. Just come out, please," he almost begged.

I almost considered it. Almost.

Sighing, I rested my head against the door, "Stiles, leave. Now. Or I'll call the police."

He chuckled sadly, "My dad is the police, Ri."

I stumbled for a moment, trying to think of how to reply. "Then I'll call my mum, I don't care. I don't want to talk, I just want you to not be here."

Everything happening was too much. All of it. I felt like I was standing on the edge of a cliff, and one more little nudge would send me plummeting.

"Okay," he conceded. "Fine."

I heard his footsteps grow quiet, and then the engine of his car started up.

I know it's silly, but I kind of wanted him to keep fighting me and stay. Even just be there.

♡♢♤♧

I didn't bother going to school the next day. I couldn't face Stiles after how I had treated him the night beforehand. He didn't deserve to hear all of that at once, I just didn't want to listen to him talk about Lydia any longer.

That is why I didn't want that. I didn't want to be one of those girls whose crush consumed her whole life.
Let alone it being a crush who was one of my best friends.

Also, my car was still at Allison's.

However, missing school didn't mean I was in the dark; Scott made it his mission to keep me in the loop that day.

Apparently Stiles was quieter than usual, and he was wondering if that had anything to do with me. I didn't deny, nor did I say it did.

Knowing Scott, he made the assumption anyway.

Erica had spoken to Scott in the hallway, claiming that Derek wanted him in their pack.
How long was it going to take for Derek to finally accept that Scott would never join his pack?

Scott didn't want to hurt anybody, and Allison didn't want him caught up in the middle; he was never going to agree to be a part of that.

At lunch I got a text that Boyd, who never missed school, was absent. That had immediately set Stiles and Scott's nerves on edge.

Understandable, considering the last two teenagers who went missing returned to school as werewolves.

That thought had resulted in a subconscious-driven text asking whether or not there was any news on Isaac. Scott took a while to reply, which had had me worried at first. But when he did, he simply sent back 'no word'.

Where could he be?

After what had happened in the police station, I was so worried for him. He seemed to be having more trouble controlling it than Scott had, and I wanted to know that he was okay.