XXXI. From The Past → Stiles AU

Warning; mentions of death.

Y/N's POV

I smile as I shut the door of my apartment closed, the smell of steak with beans and potatoes filled the whole apartment. My smile widen when I saw my Mom placing what I assumed our dinner in several plates.

"Hey Mom." I greet, kissing her cheek after taking off my coat and placing it at the counter.

"Hey, sweetie. How was work?" She asked.

I groan, "There are couple of teenage boys whose smoking and laughing loudly at the library that I kicked out but everything seems the same."

"Well, let's eat."

⚫⚫⚫⚫

"You should rest, dear. I'm gonna do the dishes while you get some much needed rest."

I mumbled a soft 'okay' before kissing my mom goodnight. The thumps of my converse against the wooden staircase echoes through the house as the sound of running water faded. Once I was infront of my room, I grasped the knob and turn it open.

I carelessly turn on the lamp beside my bed, providing me some lights to see my surroundings. I sat at the end of my bed as I silently untie my shoes and neatly placing them beside the study table. I picked out my phone from my purse and clicked a random song. When I was satisfied with the song, I placed it done and make my way to my closet to fetch some clothes to sleep in.

I walk towards the bathroom, a plaid cotton pants and a black tank top, before I begin to change. After changing, brushing my teeth and combing my hair, I slid back at my comfy bed. I try to stiffle yawn while turning off the lamp. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

⚪⚪⚪

I woke up with a start, frantically looking around. There was a sound, like something broke, it's loud that made me woke up from my slumber. I quietly kick the covers away from me so I can stand and look for the source of the sound. I carefully open the door and peak through it, seeing the hallway to my room was dark and empty. With my phone in hand, I open it wider for me to go through and shut it quietly.

I walk towards the stairs, making my steps much lighter than the normal. I kneeled beside the banister, hoping to get a glimpse downstairs but to no avail. I internally groan as I stand up and continue to make my way downstairs. I quietly wince as the stairs creaked beneath my feet, sighing when no one come to attack me, yet.

I internally cheer when I saw a baseball bat at the corner of the kitchen, silently thanking my younger brother for putting his stuff everywhere. I quietly make a beeline there and tightly gripping the wooden material on my hands when I heard someone sigh. I press my back against the wall, internally counting to three as my index finger hover the flashlight button in my phone.

When I count to three, I quickly pressed the flashlight as I jump to face the living room with the bat in my hands. There, is a man, sitting on one of the sofas in my apartment, looking at the pictures of us. Oblivious to the shaking me.

"Wh-who are y-you?" I shakily asked as I tighten my grip to the bat and my phone on the other. "W-w-what're you do-ing in my house?"

"You can see me?" he asked, eyes wide and lips slightly agape.

I frown, "Of course, I do. So, I am going to ask you once again, what the hell are you doing in my house?"

"I'm not going to hurt you, I just need your help is all."

"Help? you need my help in a middle of the night? can't it wait tommorow? I need the freakin' sleep, dude."

"Unfortunately, it can't. I'm Stiles." He introduce himself.

I nod, "Y/N. You needed my help?"

He nodded, "I want your help to solve my case."

"What case?"

"My murder case."

⚪⚪⚪⚪

"-let me get this straight. You are Stiles, the son of the Sheriff of Beacon Hills, which is a few town from here. You died, two years ago, in your own house and more specifically in your bedroom?"

Stiles hummed, "sounds about right."

"But why me? I mean, don't get me wrong, I would like to help you but I'm not a cop or a detective to handle this type of stuff. I'm just a librarian, for God's sake!"

"You're the only person that can see me, okay? so that means you are the only one who can help me and I'll be damned if you don't."

"Your father is the Sheriff." I said in a 'duh' tone.

"Whoever killed me, they planned it clean. No evidence, no force of entry on my house. There's nothing that will give my father a clue of who might be my killer."

I grunt as my massage my temples, frustrated. It's too much to take in. First, I was enjoying my meal with my mom in my simple and peaceful life then the next there's a ghost in my apartment, - who is handsome, by the way -, pleading me to help him find his murderer.

Without having much of a choice, I sighed. "'Kay, I'll help you."

"You will?"

"Yeah. But first, I'm gonna go to sleep."

"Come on, let's go."

"Su-Wait, what?"

"Let's go to sleep, actually, you go to sleep and I'm just gonna stand on the corner of your room and just watch you sleep and I'll wait till your alarm goes off so you can be awake for the morning to help me."

"Creepy."

•~•

Hey guys! i really really want to change the cover of my books but idk what type of cover will i replace. Any ideas? please?

Thank you for reading!
-lys.