Chapter 8 The Highest of the High

Together, Aurora and the Guard, left the castle's edge cage and into the castle they went, its passages looked really perplex and bad, with the surroundings being dent. The castle's hall divided into many paths in every direction, right, left, up and down leading to another intersection. The place was old, rotten and abandoned, broken furniture and tattered flags found everywhere, they wondered what had here happened, which made Aurora proceed with care.

They decided to go up, using the creaking stairs, to a dark and gloomy place where no one... to go there dares. What they found was terrifying, a giant dark leafless tree, with cages and skulls hanged on it, swaying back and forth, a sight they did never foresee.

On top of that sad castle, listening to the roaring thunder and standing under the crying sky, they decided to go back inside, where it is a little bit warm but dry

Deeper in the castle's passages they wandered, the more they walked the dimmer
the light becomes, and which way they should take they pondered. While looking for the escape route in this gloomy castle, they heard voices and sounds, they were not alone, other guards lurking in this place...more trouble.

To keep moving forward, there was no choice but for them to battle, there were two of them, a man size birds guards, they were crows of evil, equipped with armor, helmet and sword, but Aurora's companion ambushed them and took them down with a pummel.

They continued their exploration, until they found a big machine deep in the castle within, with a lot of gear and cogs of different sizes, they slowly spin.

Aurora:         "What a monstrous machine!"
The Guard: "I cannot operate the gears."
                         "Like you, I am a prisoner of the night,"
                         "Bound to serve for my remaining years."

Aurora:         "We require light. If only Igniculus were here."
The Guard:"Igniculus?"
Aurora:        "My dear friend the firefly."
The Guard:"Search the cell near"
                         "More prisoners from the moon temple high."

Nearby the mysterious machine, there was a red wooden door, calls from behind it emerged, a caller did implore. "Help!" the voice said, "Stop that! Yelp!" another replied, "Someone please! I miss the forest breeze!" the first continued and cried.

Going inside they did, Aurora astonished by seeing all her friends caged, each in one separately and hanged from the ceiling away from the gate. "No! None escaped the Queen? Not one? What have I done?" she said sadly, after seeing her friends being treated so badly.

 "No! None escaped the Queen? Not one? What have I done?" she said sadly, after seeing her friends being treated so badly