15 - The Shakin' Shack

Johnny

Lola looked beautiful running across the sand with bare feet. The black, silk dress she wore reflected the moonlight making it easy to chase after her. She lightly giggled as I finally got my hands around her waist and toppled onto her in the sand.

A smile slid across my face when she tried to wiggle her way out from underneath me. I grabbed her waist and held her in place. “Where do you think you’re going?”

Leaning my head closer, I traced my mouth down the line of her jaw and gently placed my lips against the fragile skin of her neck. She moaned as I slid my tongue just below her earlobe. I gently ran the tips of my fingers against her ribcage, making her chest rapidly rise and fall against mine. I pulled back only a few inches to take in the lustful look in her eyes.  

Her luscious lips barely parted as she smiled at me. “You’re going to get me dirty all over again,” she chuckled.

Instead of pushing me away, her small fingers ran through my hair as she gazed up at me under her long eyelashes. She barely lifted her head to nuzzle her nose against mine.

I shut my eyes and took in the feeling of her skin. I couldn’t live without it—I couldn’t live without her.

 “I wouldn’t mind going back to the beach house and getting in the shower with you again,” I suggested, brushing my lips gently against hers. The goose bumps rose all over my skin just from thinking about her bare body. I tried not to shiver, but she noticed when she rubbed her hand up my arm.

She used her other hand to grip my shoulder and pull me closer. If she had made one move, I was going to get wildly aroused and take her right there. But then again, we were only one hundred feet from the little place I’d planned to take her to.

“It does sound tempting,” she teased, “but I want to see what Johnny does for fun.”

“Oh, yeah?” I asked, as I stood on my feet and pulled her with me. “What else do you want to know about me?”

She stood on her tiptoes to peck me on the lips and then flashed me her big grin. “Everything.”

I entwined my fingers with hers and led her towards the little beach bar. “I guess this is a good place to start.”

We walked across the white sand to the little wooden place, strung with colorful fiesta lights. As we got closer, the bass to the music shook the ground and vibrated though our bare feet.

That’s what I had always liked about the Shakin’ Shack—shoes were not required since the original owner had the bizarre idea to use sand as the floor, instead of spending the money to construct one. Even though the place had been sold a few times, none of the owners wanted it to change. The tiny place attracted people from all over the country and brought in a lot of money. It could bring in some massive crowds, especially during summer.

As a teenager, I was used to people standing outside, trying their damnedest to get in. It was a little unusual to see it nearly abandoned, but it was the perfect place on a night like this to relax with my girlfriend.

My girlfriend.

We didn’t speak about it, but Lola and I both knew what was happening between us. From the way she looked at me…the way she touched me, I knew she was feeling exactly the way I did.

I couldn’t help but smile as Lola dragged me inside the familiar place. The little bar sat to the right of the room and small stage sat at the left with the words “Open Mic Night” on the hanging banner above. A guy who looked like he was in his late teens was playing terribly, but that was another perk about this place—they gave anyone a chance.