Chapter 39 | You're dead to me

Start from the beginning

AJ Lee had then placed me into a hold, wrapping her legs around my torso with her arms around my neck. I lifted my hand up high, signalling the crowd to clap in order to at least build some momentum. Naomi continued to call out to me which seemed to really annoy AJ. Releasing from the hold, AJ stormed over to where Naomi was standing, sending a hard elbow to her chest which caused Naomi to fall off of the apron. Slowly getting up onto my knees, AJ turned around to face me once again. This time however, she had ran toward me, her knee connecting with my face, delivering the shinning wizard. I fell backward onto the mat completely drained as she pinned me.

'One'

'Two'

'Three'

The bell sounded as AJ stood up, clearly pleased with her actions as Tamina clambered into the ring along side her. I began to mentally panic, how on earth was I going to explain this to Naomi. I had let her down entirely all because I was distracted by worrying about Punk. I lay there for a few moments, clutching the side of my face in pain as I looked directly up to the roof of the arena. AJ lee's theme music blared through my ears as the referee had raised both of their hands. I noticed AJ pointing at me as Tamina advanced toward me. I felt a boot connect hard with my back, followed by another club to the back which had caused me to scream out in pain. Tamina had picked me up by the head, hear grip tight. I watched as AJ looked toward me, a sadistic grin playing across her face. Thankfully, I watched as Naomi slid back into the ring, grabbing onto AJ and tossing her into the turnbuckle. Tamina had eventually let go and headed straight for Naomi, however Naomi caught her with an enziguri, later drop kicking her out of the ring and onto the floor outside.

'Go' She nodded toward me with a smile, grabbing hold of AJ and throwing her into the ropes as she did this. Eventually she had hit AJ with the rearview.  I rolled out of the ring, clutching onto the back of my head in pain as I stumbled up the ramp. Perhaps Naomi did understand after all. I scrambled back through the curtain, my head darting rapidly in all directions.

'Punk?' I called out weakly as i began to search with panic coursing through me. My eyes grew wide as I eventually noticed Punk laying on the ground, chairs and clutter scattered all around him with The Shield no where in sight. Scrambling over toward him, i began to call out for help. Eventually referee's came running over to help aid Punk. Motioning toward me, I had been asked if I needed to be check out after my match, only shaking my head from side to side in reply.

Standing by the side of Punk, I attempted to help along with the referee's in order to get him to the trainer's room. Once we had reached the area, Punk had been placed onto one of the medical beds, the doctor attending to him as soon as he had arrived. A sense of relief had washed through me knowing that Punk would be okay for now. However, I realized I had yet more unfinished business elsewhere. Exiting the trainer's room, I walked throughout the backstage area, my pace quickening as my anger began to consume me. Out of the corner of my eye, I had eventually spotted the three men that had caused this very rage to boil inside of me. Without a second thought I stormed over toward them, gripping tightly onto Ambrose's black vest, bringing my face closer to his. 

'Who the hell, do you think you are.' I paused in between my words, my voice low and filled with anger as I spoke, all of my worries and nerves had literally gone out the window by this point, I had nothing left to lose. 

'More like who the hell do you think YOU are.' He replied, pushing me hand off of his vest as both himself, Rollins and Reigns glared toward me. Had they completely forgotten about what they had just done? This was ridiculous. 

'Oh i'm sorry, I didn't realise attacking someone was only a minor concern.' I spat, my eyes filled with hatred for the three men in front of me. Tapping his fingers on his chest, Ambrose's stare had stayed hard and cold on me. Rollins had eventually reached out placing his hand on my shoulder, allowing a laugh to escape his lips in the process. However, I only shrugged it off without a single care.

'Listen, maybe you should begin to realise that we're not the ones who make decisions like that. We only follow through with them.' Reigns had piped up, his voice low and gravelly as he spoke. I allowed a sigh of frustration to be head as I clenched my fists tightly by my sides. Of course they weren't the ones who made the decisions around here, they just took on board the orders like the good little hounds they were to Triple H and Stephanie. 

'I don't care whether you decide these things or not, I'm done with it. If you didn't know already, I really hope you know now that well, you're dead to me.' I turned on the ball of my foot, heading away from them in the opposite direction, returning to the trainer's room where Punk was located. As soon as I had reached my destination, I headed inside, my eyes first catching a glimpse of Punk who had now finally awoken. 

I slowly headed over beside him as he turned his head to face me, a smile plastered across his lips. I handed him over the bottle of water that had been sat on the table beside him, the anger inside me boiling down as I let out a deep breath, calming my mind. 'You seem chirpy.'

'I guess so, AJ came to visit me after your match. You seem stressed. Is everything alright?' Punk questioned, patting his hand on the small space beside him which I had willingly sat down on after he had done this.

'I feel like I've disappointed Naomi, I lost our match after all all because I was so concerned about you.' I twiddled my fingers together as I focused my entire attention on the ground, my eyes hanging heavy. I jumped a little from fright as I felt Punk's hand on my shoulder. Lifting my gaze from the ground I turned my attention back towards him.

'I'm sure she's completely fine with it, don't worry about it, kid. Besides, I'm doing fine now, it was just an act of complete cowardice from Stephanie and Hunter.' I nodded, my mind trailing off slightly however a smile soon slightly stretched onto my lips. I had so many questions about Punk's attitude lately and they really had to be asked. 'Punk, Can I ask you something?' I received a nod from him. 

'Why have you been acting so different lately, like you just don't seem like yourself and it's really bugging me.' I cautiously questioned, my ears perked up as I awaited a response. My smile had soured a little as I saw Punk's eyes drop from my gaze to his lap, something was definitely wrong.

'Listen Alix, It's nothing to do with you personally, I just thought avoiding you would save you from having to get even more frustrated by my words.' Punk spoke with a low volume in his voice as his eyes eventually returned back up to look at me. Confusion washed over my face as I tilted my head slightly, it was as if my mind has just gone completely blank. Punk then took in a deep breath however his words were paused as the door opened. In walked Naomi.

'Thought I'd find you in here.' A smile beaming on her face as she nodded toward myself. I rubbed the back of my neck, my eyes drifting from her face and onto the floor, a look of uncertainty across my face.

'About our match Alix, please don't worry about it. Now that I've found out the jist of what had been going on, I completely understand your need to get backstage as soon as possible when we were out there. I just thought you should know, considering I don't want you to get all worked up about it.' I nodded toward Naomi, mouthing a thank you as she gripped onto the door handle, exiting the room.

Turning back to Punk I awaited his words, I had to find out exactly what was going on with him. Surely it couldn't be that bad and he had just been over exaggerating right? I watched as he took in another deep breath, his lips parting as his eyes once again drifted away from mine.

'I'm leaving WWE, Alix.'