Chapter 11 | Rude Awakening

Smackdown was certainly a blood boiler last night. The tension through out the whole night was clearly set high during all of the matches. The fact that almost everyone had The Shield and Randy Orton on their cases, picking each superstar off one by one. Then of course the whole humiliation of myself and Daniel Bryan. As soon as the night was over myself and April returned to our new hotel room, thanks to our new found friendship we were able to room together and we actually got on quite well.

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I lay groggily in between the sheets on the bed. I pulled myself up into a sitting position as I peered over at the small figure laying on the other bed which was beside my own. AJ's eyes then burst open and I could tell that she was excited for some reason.

"AJ?" I asked in my horrendous morning voice whilst rubbing my eyes.

AJ then immediately made eye contact with me as she hopped up and out of her bed, chuckling to herself.

"Alright you, spill it. Why the hell are you so perky in the morning?" A giggle escaped my lips as she tilted her head slightly, her smile never leaving her face.

"GYM! COME ON, GET DRESSED!" AJ's tone was now at its most sassiest as she began to skip around the room.

"You're already dressed?" I then noticed she was already dressed in her work out clothes, wow, she certainly is prepared.

"Well, I woke up earlier then fell back asleep as soon as I had gotten dressed." My answer was close enough I guess, but that's not exactly the point.

AJ hurried me into the bathroom, then scurrying out as soon as I was a good bit into the bathroom.

"You've got five minutes in there! You hear me, Levesque!" This definitely was a different side to April. This was the funny and down to earth side instead of the over the top crazy chick gimmick side of her.

I hurried up with showering and before I even knew it, I was already in my workout gear in what seemed like in the space of ten minutes. Usually when I get ready it takes around half an hour to an hour. A little by of over exaggeration there but it's probably he most accurate timing. I strolled out of the bathroom to find AJ already standing at the door, water bottle in hand as she tapped her foot of her brightly coloured sneakers. I threw on some old sneakers, grabbing my bottle of water also. April smiled as she opened the door leading from our room and out into one of the many hallways of the hotel.

Myself and AJ made our way out of the hotel and toward the closest gym we could find. Heading inside we had placed our gym bags down on one of the benches before heading toward the machines and weights. AJ almost instantly shot over toward the weights, picking which one she was going to use first.

I on the other hand headed toward the small matted area to do some cardio. For the first ten or so minutes it was enjoyable, I at least needed to try to take my mind off everything right now.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, however that feeling of stress still was evident by this point. Snapping back to reality, AJ had wandered back over to me, handing me an extra bottle of water. Tilting her head, her gaze was glued to my face.

'Are you sure you're doing okay?' She asked out of caution, a weak smile then tugged at the sides of my lips as I nodded toward her. In reality, everything wasn't that okay, I had no idea where to even start with this whole 'rebelling against the authority' plan. Sure Punk and Dolph wanted to help me but in all honestly, god knows how it was going to go.

" I don't believe you. Look I know you've been caught up with everything as of late and you've made pretty tough claims for yourself. I'm sure Punk and Dolph will have your back no matter what." AJ plopped herself down beside me, patting my back reassuringly in the process.

"You really think so? I guess i'm just worried that all of this will turn out to be a big mistake. I put on such a brave face but in reality, i'm just scared on the inside." I allowed a small sigh to escape my lips, I didn't know what to think by this point.

"I know so. Listen Alix, you can't just sit around in the life debating 'What if' or telling yourself that you can't. Stop doubting yourself, you've got this. Besides if you need any extra help, you've got a little spider monkey of a friend to kick their ass" AJ joked, making me laugh also. She did make some good points, like I just needed to believe that I could follow through with this plan.

After continuing and pushing through our workouts, myself and AJ had finally finished at the gym. I took note mentally of everything that she had told me, I was thankful for the fact that I had someone like her and of course, superstars like Dolph and Punk to help me through it and support my decisions also. After heading back to our hotel room, AJ had quickly showered and gotten changed into her everyday wear, not forgetting her classic converse to along with it. Dashing out of the room, she had headed to go hang out with Punk due to their planned 'date'.

Changing also into my everyday wear, I made sure to have the room key in my pocket. I headed out of the room and down to the lobby  in search of Dolph. Whilst on my way I heard the sound of someone clearing their throat very prominently. I allowed a small sigh to escape my lips as I turned my head in the direction of the sound. I noticed Randy standing there, a smug look on his face as his arms crossed over his chest.

"I just wanted to let you know Alix, that because of your actions against The Authority, you're in line for a very rude awakening." Randy's voice was low and rough as he spoke before heading off, leaving me with a somewhat frustrated and confused look of my face. I decided to ignore it and carry on my way.

The Authority was known mainly for its repercussions against those that defy them, that's what really sparked a flame inside of me, sure they had repercussions but whether they'd actually follow through with them this time or not was the real question.