Chapter 13 | Rhodes

After myself and Daniel had stood up to Triple H and Randy Orton, I headed toward the Diva's locker room however I soon stopped in my tracks as I watched Cody Rhodes pace back and forth frantically. Cody looked on edge, even scared a little. I wandered over to him, raising myself up onto my tip toes then placed a hand on his shoulder, this made him jump a little before turning around to look down at me.

"Are you okay Cody?" I asked, tilting my head to one side. I swear if this had anything to do with The Authority I would go out there screaming at the top of my lungs.

"Not exactly, Lix." He shook his head as I cocked an eyebrow, I was now more determined than ever to find out what was wrong with him.

"Alright.. what's wrong then Mr.Rhodes?" I chuckled a little as did he before his facial expression turned back to the original scared look.

"Let's just say, this could be my last match here at WWE. Put it this way, speaking out against The Authority isn't exactly the best move I've made in my career." Cody flopped down onto one of the chairs near us both and placed his head into his hands.

"You don't deserve that. You're getting married too so you should be happy. I swear I will rip their heads off." I could feel the anger slowly beginning to build insde of me however I slightly calmed down as soon as Cody placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Alright squirt. Let's not get too carried away here, you can't rip any of their heads off without them mauling you first." Cody grinned, his face lightening up a little.

"Watch me." I gritted my teeth as I clenched my fists into a ball.

'Cody Rhodes to guerilla' a backstage official yelled causing Cody to literally spring up from his seat.

"Look, I have to go for my match now, kid. Sorry if I don't win." Cody sighed as he took off toward guerilla.

"Cody ..-" My chances of calling on him to turn around were extremely thin considering he was now out of sight.

I sprinted to the Diva's locker room, literally throwing myself onto one of the chairs and staring at the screen. I could tell Nikki, AJ & Alicia were all staring at me in a very weird way, however I chose to ignore it and keep my focus on the screen.

Cody's music began to play as he walked out from the back. His face full of determination but there was still slight worry visible in his eyes. A lot of pressure was resting on Cody tonight, his job was on the line against Randy. Cody stepped into the ring and awaited the Viper's entrance. Just then Randy's music began to play. Randy walked out, the championship resting on his shoulder and a smug look playing across his face. Randy smirked at Cody who was clearly anxious for tonight's match. Cody's eyes never left Randy as the viper stepped up onto the turn buckle, holding the championship up high. Eventually he had turned his attention back to Cody, staring at him with a devious smile across his face.

I placed my head in my hands, slumping back on my chair and sighing. This was Cody's only chance to save his job, this was all some game the authority had created to humiliate Cody.

My eyes focused on the screen once again. My heart was beating rapidly as I awaited the sound of the bell. I gripped onto the seat tightly, my palms soon become sweaty from the vicious grasp I had on the chair. The bell then sounded. It was time for Cody to attempt to save his job.

Both men locked up however it wasn't long before Randy was able to gain the upper hand. Randy had forced Cody back into the turnbuckle where he then sent multiple back elbow's to Cody's head. Randy backed up a little, allowing Cody to move from the corner however Cody soon struck Randy with a low blow to the gut followed by multiple punches to the head, sending Randy into the turnbuckle. Cody eventually irish whipped Randy to the opposite turn buckle however before Cody could send any more blows to him Randy had clotheslined him. This caused Cody to hit the mat with a thud.