Chapter 1

AN: Here is my new story. Updates will be extremly irregular as I am super busy but I hope you like and please comment and vote. Thanks!

!! NOTE - THIS DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS TO COME BACK TO ME AND FIXING JENNY SO IF YOU WANT READ THOSE FIRST (BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO) !!

FIGHTING LOVE

CHAPTER 1

Walking down the stairs and into the kitchen I gagged when I saw my parents sitting together at the table.

"My eyes!" I cried dramatically as I threw my arm up in the air to shield my innocent eyes. "Do you really have to do that in public?" I whined as I took my seat at the kitchen table and poured a bowl of cereal. Some of my friends thought it was cute how in love my parents were, but I just thought it was gross.

"This isn't exactly public," mum laughed. My dad on the other hand just rolled his eyes and started to eat his toast again.

"Don't role your eyes at me," I frowned. "I am seriously the adult in this relationship," I sighed shaking my head slightly I reached for the milk across the table.

"Lilly," my mum scolded while my dad chuckled to himself quietly.

"Yeah Lilly, just eat your breakfast," dad butted in teasingly.

"Sorry if I don't feel like eating after the sight I just saw," I argued but I couldn't manage to hide the smile tugging at the corner of my lips. Despite my dad's continuous teasing we actually had a really good relationship - well when he wasn't in the middle of a PDA with my mum.

"You are so dramatic," he laughed as he picked up his empty plate and walked towards the dishwasher.

Just as I took my first mouthful of cereal the door to the kitchen swung open and Oscar swaggered in, my younger sister, Lacie, in trail looking at him as if he was a god.

"Hey," I grinned as he took the seat next to me.

"Hey back," he responded before pecking my lips.

"My eyes!" My dad cried mimicking my words from earlier as he walked back towards the table. I couldn't help but laugh - it still shocked me that he was a grown man. Oscar's eyes flicked between me and my dad before he grabbed a bowl for himself. He was used to my dad and I's strange behaviour, he had known us long enough.

"So what you two kids up to today?" Mum asked as she passed Lacie a bowl from the cabinet.

"Not sure. I have hockey practise after school but we could always go to the pool afterwards?" Oscar suggested with a shrug as he glanced sideways towards me.

"Yeah," I agreed. "Let me get my swimming stuff before I forget then." I said as I jumped up from the table and placed my now empty bowl on the side and darted upstairs to grab my stuff. Oscar and I would often go to the pool after his practise now that summer had finally arrived in dreary England. Swimming was one of my favourite past times and it helped relax his muscles after a long training session.

"So you'll still want dinner then?" Mum asked as she glanced back towards us from the sink.

"We'll just grab something out," Oscar said with a small smile in my direction.

"Ok don't be too late though," mum said with a shrug. As far as parents went she was one of the most relaxed. Like with my dad we had a good relationship. She trusted me and she trusted Oscar too and therefore was extremely lenient about going out as long as I kept up with school work.