Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

With each passing day of the week I grew more and more excited about the weekend. Oscar seemed extremely excited every time I video called him too. Finally Friday arrived and I was all packed and ready to go, I just had to wait for school to finish.

I couldn't hide the grin that had been plastered on my face since I had bought the tickets as I sat down for lunch, my trail piled high with food. "Excited about tonight?" Ariel smirked as I started to tuck into my mountain of food. Nodding, my grin grew impossibly bigger.

"What's happening tonight?" Mark asked as he took his seat at our normal lunch table.

"Lily is going to stay with Oscar this weekend." Ariel waggled her eyebrows as she spoke causing me to roll my eyes.

"Oh," Mark said, an unreadable emotion flashing across his face but he covered it up quickly with a smile so I couldn't decipher it. However, Ariel's voice made my eyes leave Mark.

Ariel was frowning as she questioned, "How did you not know? It's all she has been talking about the past week."

"Dunno," Mark mumbled, his eyes focused on the plate in front of him. I sent Ariel a confused look but she just shrugged in response. Deciding to leave Mark be, Ariel and I quickly changed topic.

"Where is Shelly?" I asked, only now noticing that she wasn't present with us. Ariel's lips instantly formed a smirk.

Gesturing to the table behind us she said, "Look." Turning my head in the direction Ariel was pointing, I noticed Shelly was sitting next to Graham both laughing at some joke Graham had clearly just told. Smiling I turned back to Ariel.

"They're so cute," I cooed happily. I was glad Shelly had found someone, she deserved the best.

"I know!" Ariel agreed. "Do you know how their election date went?" Ariel questioned as we both realised it was last night.

"From the looks of things, extremely well," I chuckled. "And you thought watching the elections was a bad first date," I snickered.

"Maybe I should try it out next time," Ariel joked. "It seems to have worked for Shelly," she continued.

"I'm not so sure Freddie would be so into that," I pointed out, which Ariel quickly agreed to. All the while I couldn't help but notice how quiet Mark was being. That boy was having serious mood swings at the moment.

Just as I was about to question him, the bell signalling the end of lunch rang. Grabbing my tray I said my goodbyes to Ariel knowing I would most likely not see her after school as I had to rush home to grab my stuff before heading to the train station.

As I was expecting the last passed painfully slowly. However, finally I was sitting on the train on my way to see Oscar. Excitement bubbled up inside of me the closer I got to my final destination. I was practically bouncing on my seat by the time I arrived, a permanent grin plastered on my face.

Hoping off the train, I started walking up the platform towards the ticket barriers where Oscar would be waiting. As I got closer my eyes landed on him as he stood leaning against the station wall. My heart skipped a beat as I dragged my eyes down his body. He wore tight black jeans and a simple grey t-shirt which had a pocket over his heart, the outfit was finished off with a light jacket, left unzipped.

Skipping towards the barrier, I quickly inserted my ticket before the gates swung open. Grinning goofily I ran towards Oscar who had already started walking towards me. As I reached him, I dropped my bag, and flung my arms around his neck. Burying my head in the crook of his neck, I breathed in deeply, his familiar scent engulfing me. My vision blurred with unshed tears as it hit me just how much I missed him.