Chapter 1

I was following my normal route, my shift had started only five minutes prior. In my hands a battle rifle and at my side a pistol. I was clad in the mandatory black and red suit of armour.

Unlike most of the other idiots in The Charon Private Security Forces I was more level headed, thinking things through. Instead of just running in with brute force, or the upper hand in numbers.

I knew the so called Agents of Project freelancer were highly trained snobby super soldiers, but they had things I wished my group could have, the brains, the muscle, and the team work. I envied them in some ways, I was never close with anyone here, I was the outcast, I feel like the only reason I'm still here is because I think about possible moves way before anything even happens. I've also been working on something, something The Chairman would love to get his hands on.

Gunshots caught my attention, a few louder then the rest. My head turned towards the facility, I wasn't far from, a pelican clear in the sky as it flew out of the range of our air craft weaponry.

I shifted my stance as I let a sigh slip through my lips. "Team A, do you copy?" I let my hand go from the button on the side of my helmet, to grip my gun tightly as I made my way back to the facility. A short buzz followed before I heard one of my team members voice. "You heard the gunshots too?" He asked.

I pressed the button firmly before I spoke "Yeah, head back to the facility as quickly as possible." As soon as I released the button again I was practically sprinting towards the facility.

"Roger that" it was silent after that. "Why do I even bother" I rolled my eyes, questioning my own reasoning to continuing to try and aid this useless war I obviously chose the wrong side to.

*time skip*

It was silent, the gunshots I was following were long but silenced. The sound of the wind was the only thing I heard as I made my way through the facility, my eyes scanning the area cautiously.

My team hadn't even tried to contact me on wether or not they were even headed to or already at the facility. I took it upon myself to investigate and see if the Freelancers were even in the area or already making their grand escapes they have always been famous for making after hitting one of out outposts.

I saw burn marks and holes where bullet had lodged themselves into the wall in the area where Connie and our leader were supposed to and probably did land. I caught sight of the familiar coloured amour the Freelancers wore.

"They got away didn't they?" My voice was loud and clear, to catch their attention, the three of them turned quickly in my direction. One pointing his sniper at me, another more brute like one pointing a brute shot at me. Unlike everyone else, I actually enjoyed leaning about alien artifacts and weapons they used. I had actually heard some people call that a knifle a knife and a rifle combined.

"Connie and our leader get the slip on you guys?" My voice held a teasing tone to it as lowered my weapon down to the side, maybe they could kill me, just like they killed everyone else that was here.

"Your with the insurrectionists why are you even still here" the male with the sniper asked, his finger hovering over the trigger. "The question actually is, why are YOU still here?" I pointed towards the three, my gun resting at my side. "When your targets, just took off" the three of them stayed silent for a moment, probably silently talking to each other.

"Shouldn't you be trying to kill us?" The lighter of the two purple coloured freelancer, her voice sounded almost threatening, almost as if she wanted me to try an attach them.

"Why? So you can kill me like everyone else here?" I gestured around me at my squadrons corpses "it's not like one person with my level of training can take out three of you"

"Actually you can make that six" a females voice suddenly came from my right, my battle rifle being take from my grip harshly by the female in cyan coloured armour.

I hummed quietly and turned my head to my left where two more of the colourful supper soldiers stood, their weapons aimed at my head. A quiet chuckle left my mouth as I turned back towards the three I had originally been talking too. "Your coming with us" my hands were forcefully pulled behind my back. "Delightful" I muttered to myself.

"Would you like me to just kill you know?" The cyan one questioned in a threatening tone.

"Oh please do, Agent Carolina" a smirked formed slowly as I stared at the freelancer from behind my black visor.

Daring her to try.

AN: sorry for spelling mistakes and suddenly changing how this story was written but while I was taking a shower I started thinking of this story and how I could improve it and everything started falling into place perfectly and I just wanted to rewrite this. I'll try to post once a week, maybe not this month since May is so busy for me but I'll try my very best to update weekly.

Word count 913