Chapter Ten (Jameson)

"What do you mean you know my parents?" My voice quivered.

"When I first met you, I thought you looked familiar, so I looked into you further. Low and behold, I find out that you are related to two of the most powerful people in the business, the two people who knew my parents when they were alive." My eye widened and his face turned into the biggest grin I'd ever seen anyone make in my entire life. "When I saw that, I got in touch with them and asked them if they knew you were applying for the job, and they were impressed. They told me about your...situation...and asked if I would help them. So, of course I said I would, and here you are. My 'executive assistant'."

What? My entire life fell through the cracks of my soul. He knew about me and my life?

"W-what?" My voice had never been more quiet in my entire life. I hated it. My anger sparked in my mind, infecting the rest of my body. My anger spiked the temperature of my blood and my heart sent it coursing through my veins.

"I said, 'When-". I cut him off, unable to be reasoned with at the moment.

"I know what you said! I just don't understand how they could do this to me." Everything that I'd been suppressing came to the surface. How could they just abandon me like this? I know that I haven't been the best child, but still! They should care about me and not throw me under the bus!

He let out a deep breath and rubbed his temples. He put the bunny suit down and looked me in the eyes. "I know that this is...difficult for you, having to process the idea that I know your parents and what I'm making you do, and will continue to make you do. But, you know that right now this is what you need to do to get your life on track." He kept his eye contact with me, making me feel oddly safe, but also very calm.

I'd never had anyone have this effect on me. This was strange. Every drop of my anger slid from my body, falling through the invisible cracks in the floor. It disappeared from my system and I visibly relaxed in my seat. My shoulders slumped and I let out the breath I'd been holding unknowingly.

As the moment became more and more awkward, I had to look away from his pretty eyes. It was odd, seeing him in this light. He looked more like a nurturer than an imposing person to me. This was a comforting feeling, being able to feel calm with him in the room.

"Now put on the bunny suit." And all my comfort flew out the window A pretty and clean window, but it was still a window on the top floor. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Author's Note: 

I got nothing to say. Sorry!

Please remember to comment, vote, and follow my author's page for more delicious stories!

XOXO, 

Stephen Than

Instagram: the_purple_queen_writes