Chapter Five (Jameson)

I ended up wearing a freaking suit. I scoured my closet for something presentable. I didn't find anything. I had Brandon help me pick something out.

It was hot in the suit. I hated it. The sooner the interview was, the sooner I could take it off.

Walking into the lobby of the Wiley Incorporated was kind of like Dorothy landing in OZ with her house squashing the wicked witch, except there wasn't any happy singing little people coming to greet me. It was a wide and open space that had people bustling around the area looking busy and like they had something to do. It was a little intimidating. I was excited, but also a little scared. I almost forgot to say pissed off, because I was being forced into this.

I let out a breath and moved forward to what I assumed was the receptionist counter. It was a large granite counter with people standing behind it that looked like they more belong to a modeling company more than standing here. They were too pretty, in fact. I wanted to punch the guy just to make sure that I was better looking, and then take the hot woman out on a date and bang her in the bathroom.

The fantasy was playing out in my head, the woman's panties around one ankle, her legs wrapped around my waist, and me having my way with her in any way I can imagine. It was kinda getting hot in here, but I was broken out of my mind as I was greeted.

"Hello, sir. How may I help you?" The guy spoke to me, his voice a little too sweet for my liking. I'm sure to others he would be thought of as a "good guy", a superman type, but in my eyes he was competition and I delt with him as such. 

My expression was trained on him, as fierce as possible to let him know that I was not someone to mess with. The look on his face went from having a halo on his head to being submissive. He stopped looking me in the eyes and moved then to the floor. Good. Good, doggy.

"Yeah. I'm here for an interview for the executive secretary position." I spoke calmly, not wavering my gaze from him.

"Sure. Samantha over on the side," he moved his left hand to gesture to the white table positioned on the right side of lobby, "will be glad to help you. She's in charge of the hiring event taking place today." I nodded. He didn't move his gaze at all. Dang, this kid is a whimp. I moved my gaze from the guy to the woman, she looked concerned for her companion. She looked up at me, and I gave her a wink before moving on.

I made my way, the five miles distance it was, to the simple white table that was set up. There were three blue balloons tied to the table on either side. It was cute in a way, but I was still too busy resenting the fact that I had to get a job based on my parents' blackmail.

The woman, Samantha, had an interesting look. She was the exact opposite to the two. While they were insanely pretty, she was almost unbearable to look at. She was grotesque with a giant mole on the left side of her face.

"Hello. How may I help you?" Her voice was just like that slug lady's in Monster's Inc. It was raspy and matched her face.

"Yeah, I'm here to interview for the executive secretary position. I have an appointment."

"Here." She slammed a clipboard onto the table and looked me dead in the eyes. Now it was my turn to be intimidated. I had nothing on this lady, and he knew it. "Fill out the paperwork. Go sit over there." She gestured to the right side of her. There were chairs that lined the wall. They were the plastic ones that people could rent for their "celebrations".

I sat, and instantly my ass hurt from being on the horrid material. It was cheap plastic and it was painful to sit here. I concentrated on my end goal--getting my inheritance back!

***

I finished the wretched paperwork that seemed like a fifty page essay, something I never had to do in school. I stood up. Finally being released from that god-awful chair was like taking first breath after not breathing for a century.

I turned it to the lady at the table. She nodded, flipping through the pages to make sure that everything was filled out correctly. After she was done, she stood up and said, "Follow me."

I followed her down the corridor and into an office that was marked "Human Resources". I've heard of a human resources department, but I never actually learned what they do. I guess they are in charge of hiring people.

We went to an office inside this department and we both took our seats. The chair was large and tons more comfortable than the ones that were outside.

"Okay, so you're here for the secretary position. I'm going to walk you through the process of the interview. First, I will ask you a series of questions that will do with your competency for the position, then I will write down your answers in between each question, so that will take a few minutes. There will be an awkward pause in between each question, so bear with me.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes."

***

Walking out of that interview was painful. It was bad. Like, I don't know how I can ever recover from an interview like that. I left the office, but I heard the clacking of the woman's heels following me.

"Did I forget something?" I asked.

"No. I'm going to walk you up to the elevator where you will be interviewed by the CEO of the company. He will make the final decision." I nodded. She led me to the nearest elevator and we traveled up to the top floor.

We walked down the hallway, passing many professional looking offices and then I saw him. His eyes looked the same as that night. We continued walking down the corridor.

Please pass him. Please pass him. Please pass him. Please pass him. Please pass him.Please pass him!

No such luck. We walked into his office, of course the largest of the ones on this floor.

"Hello, Mr. Wiley. This is Jameson, and he's here for the interview." We made eye contact. This was going to be hell.

_______________________________________________-

Author's Note:

The reason why this chapter is shorter than I intended was because MayMercy told me to get onto the good part. She a hoe. 

Love, 

Stephen Than

Instagram: the_purple_queen_writes