Head Over Heels: The Missing Pieces: Justin Bieber Love Story:01

Start from the beginning

I joined in on the chorus. It was a good song. She had done a good job writing it.

It just wasn't about me.

'Your touch makes me feel, 

alive,  

I'm alive with you..."

I sang harmony against her melody.

I could feel her watching me out of the corner of my eye.

She had her earphones in, probably trying to make it look like she wasn't listening.

I did my verse, then the chorus again.

I glanced quickly at her, but she was looking down at her phone.

I'm probably just wasting my breath.

But she's so pretty...

I finished the song, doing some stacking over the bridge, and as I slipped off the headphones she stood up.

I couldn't hear what she said because it was sound proof, but Angie said something to her back, and then she left the room and she glances at me, so I gave her a small smile.

I hadn't even noticed I had been staring.

I opened the door and stepped out, looking over at Scooter.

"It sounds amazing. It'll be great on the album." Angie told me.

"I like the song a lot. It's really well written."

"She worked hard on it. It was right before her and Taylor broke up. It was a little hard for her recording it I think."

I nodded.

"Thanks for asking me to record it. It was nice working with you."

I shook her hand.

"You too. Sorry about her," She motioned to the door. "I think she's having a pretty rough day."

"It's ok. I understand."

"And we'll be in touch about the music video. It shouldn't be long."

"Great, thanks."

"Welcome. Talk to you soon."

"You too."

I opened the door and Kenny and Scooter followed me out.

"She must have had a really bad day." Scooter said. "I know normally she is just smiles and really bubbly."

"Her and her boyfriend just broke up not to long ago. I'm sure she's upset." I shrugged.

Wow. I just defended her.

And the whole point was to get over her.

Scooter nodded and we turned the corner.

I walked outside, my eyes flickering down to the familiar girl who sat a few feet away, her body curled up to herself as she cried against her knees.

Oh no. Lauren...

So this is what it was like for her all the time. I hadn't talked to her.

That was a huge mistake. Now she probably thinks you hate her, which you don't, it's the exact opposite.

But I couldn't be around her while she loved someone else.

It hurt too much.

Now she needs you, and you haven't been there.