Help me?

MYSTIQUE

Surprisingly I actually took in the news of River being Lacy's brother better than I thought. By the end of the day I had come to terms that Lacy was related to... that.

Currently, I was actually walking to the bright blue notice board which was near the gym. On it were lists for the football team- River's name was on that one- and others . But the two that caught my attention was the musical sign up list and also the list for who made the choir.

First I turned to the choir list and I read through the names one by one, each name making me more and more nervous, until I finally reached my name. My heart raced with joy as I became giddy and squealed. I then reached the bottom of the page which read, in bold letters:
The choir is expected to audition for roles in the musical and will help in the musical during choir practice.

And so I then looked at the musical sign up sheet.

The theme for this musical is The Princess and The Thief. A beautiful princess falls in love with a handsome thief. This soon turns into forbidden love which sparks up conflict and complications.

That sounded interesting, and so I took my pen and was about to write my name down when I caught River's name on the sign up list as well. What the heck?

"I see you made the choir." I heard a smooth deep voice say. I turned around to face my dear "friend" Skyscraper.

"I see you entered your name on the musical sign up sheet. What is that all about?" I asked.

He frowned.

"My idiot friend Christian made me make a bet with him. The bet was that you would say out loud that you were attracted to me and I thought I could win!"

"Well you know what thought did? Thought stuck a coin in the ground and thought a money tree would grow. I'm not surprised you lost!" I laughed.

"Of course. But because you made me lose and because we are such good friends you will help me to at least sound okay for these auditions!" He said this after he came close and placed his hands on either side of the wall. Admittedly, it was quite intimidating, especially since his face was looking so annoyingly angelic.

"Here's a word that you've never heard come out of a girl's mouth. No!" I said pushing his arms away.

He instead grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. Was he planning on keeping his limbs or-?

"Look Mystique, you and I are frenemies. Now I'm asking, no begging you to please help me with this... please!" He pleaded, and eventually got down on his knees. I was stunned and immediately made him stand up as the people around us started staring.

"Okay fine but-" I had an excellent idea brewing in my head, "Only if you give Lacy and Christian's relationship all the support possible. I've seen how you look all overprotective when they're together. So please support them. Oh! Another thing! You have to help me with gaining more confidence in myself." I said.

He frowned and let me go. His perfect eyebrows creased in concentration as he began to process what I was saying. It actually took him a full ten minutes before he answered me. "...well fine! But you need to make me sound good so I don't embarrass myself. Deal?" He asked extending his hand.

"Deal! Training starts tomorrow afternoon at my place." I said.

He nodded and began shaking my hand which he forcefully grabbed.

"Misty!"

"Damn, here comes lover boy!" River said as he started walking away.

"Remember our deal Misty!" He yelled out as he left. I nodded then turned to Jay.

"Jay? What's going?"

He looked at me and smiled.

"Need a ride home?" He asked.

Well my mom was busy and my dad had extra work to do.

"Sure. I'll just tell my dad." I said. 

Jay nodded and flashed a glittering white smile. So I phoned my father and he said it was okay.

"Let's go." He said nervously taking my hand as well. His hand was so warm and so soft it made my stomach feel... odd.

We got into the car and he started it. He drove me home and waved goodbye as he left. The car ride was actually interesting. I found out that Jay liked Rock n Roll and classical music. He was an only child. He used to be part of the choir as well until he became in charge of the science, math and public speaking teams. He loved the colour indigo and he hated crocodiles. All in all I could connect with him. We had so much in common, he was smart, sweet and caring. The total opposite of Skyscraper.

I walked to the door of my house and unlocked it with a spare key I carried around. I then dumped my bag in my room and went to the fridge taking out an apple and a few strawberries and grabbed a juice so I could eat while doing my homework. Once I had finished my homework, I went to go and watch Tv, when suddenly my phone rang. The number was unknown.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Mystique?" An unfamiliar, deep voice asked.

"Um yes... who's speaking?"

"Oh uh this is Damen. I'm a friend of River's. River just asked me to tell you that you must not forget about the deal and that he is counting on you."

Damen... as in... Jenny's other guy friend?

"Um, tell River that he is stalking me and that I will file a restraining order. Also tell him I'm young enough to remember everything."

Damen chuckled, "Okay will do! Goodbye Misty."

I put the phone down and sighed. Did he always need to bother me? And why on Earth did he have to use Damen to tell me that. Honestly, he was beginning to get on my nerves.

--------

Yes, you saw it right! A double update because of the reads on this book!Thanks for all the support. Also tell me how you feel about Jay and Misty.

Remember

Vote

Comment

Recommend

LOTS OF LOVE TJCharms :-)